Missa de angelis
When, where, and who composed the missa de angelis? I can't find really any information about it.
(01-19-2017, 01:16 PM)Sequentia Wrote: When, where, and who composed the missa de angelis? I can't find really any information about it.

It is quite a piece of work, listen to it fairly frequently; try looking at the article linked below

http://media.musicasacra.com/publication...933_12.pdf
I know some people aren't all that crazy about Missa de Angelis. I do like it, it's easy to sing and sounds pretty. Although my favorite is still Cum Jubilo, which I unfortunately almost never hear at Mass.
(01-19-2017, 09:18 PM)GangGreen Wrote: I know some people aren't all that crazy about Missa de Angelis. I do like it, it's easy to sing and sounds pretty. Although my favorite is still Cum Jubilo, which I unfortunately almost never hear at Mass.

Some people aren't crazy about Missa de Angelis because it's so overused. Credo I is one of my favorite ordinary chants, and I hardly ever hear that one either.
(01-20-2017, 03:42 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 09:18 PM)GangGreen Wrote: I know some people aren't all that crazy about Missa de Angelis. I do like it, it's easy to sing and sounds pretty. Although my favorite is still Cum Jubilo, which I unfortunately almost never hear at Mass.

Some people aren't crazy about Missa de Angelis because it's so overused. Credo I is one of my favorite ordinary chants, and I hardly ever hear that one either.

Funny, I tend to hear Credo I quite a lot at the Masses that I go to. I never hear Credo IV which is actually my favorite Credo.