Would it be a sin to carry a pipe and tobacco to mass in a bag for after?
Is it a sin to have a pipe and tobacco in a bag like a backpack or sack type thing so it would not be used, seen, noticed or thought about during Mass but for later use? Considering one would be in the presence of Christ, would it be bad? I have seen people at the Baptist Church I used to go to smoking and all before and after, but would it be different because Christ himself would be present?

???

It would obviously be a lot more convenient if it is ok, and it would presumably be considering it's not a sin in of itself, but just making sure.

Thx
It's not a sin to do that.  It would seem impolite to me to keep it where others can see it while in the church though, like bringing in food that's not in a container.
AS long as you don't receive Holy Communion. leave the Church and light up whilst Christ is still in you, I see no problem. I always waited at least 30 minutes before firing up a cigarette or a pipe (when I still smoked tobacco!).
(02-12-2017, 12:07 AM)GoodKingWenceslas Wrote: Is it a sin to have a pipe and tobacco in a bag like a backpack or sack type thing so it would not be used, seen, noticed or thought about during Mass but for later use? Considering one would be in the presence of Christ, would it be bad? I have seen people at the Baptist Church I used to go to smoking and all before and after, but would it be different because Christ himself would be present?

???

It would obviously be a lot more convenient if it is ok, and it would presumably be considering it's not a sin in of itself, but just making sure.

Thx

Nope. I keep my pipe and pouch in my jacket wallet pocket. Doesn't even bulge, and I can light up on my walk back home. I firmly believe pipe smoking to be safe and natural (you don't inhale, or shouldn't, anyway, and it's not doused with carcinogenic garbage like cigarette tobaccos) as long as you do it in moderation.