Our Lady of America?
Hello fishes!
It's been awhile since I have posted anything, things have just been so busy ever since I started homeschooling four, and baby number seven came along!
Anyway, I am wondering if any of you have ever heard of the Our Lady of America apparitions? Apparently they took place in Rome City Indiana (only 20 ish minutes from where I live,) and were approved by the Bishop of Cincinnati, if I am remembering correctly. Do you know anything about this,Vox, being a fellow Hoosier?
I don't have whole lot of time for researching into it, but from the bit I have read it seems to tie in very nicely with Lourdes and Fatima, and what's more the message is directly intended for us in the States!
Here are a few links:

http://www.ourladyofamerica.com

http://www.ewtn.com/library/BISHOPS/burkeolamer.HTM

If it is really legit, how awesome! I would love to hear what you all think about it!

God bless you all!

PS. This is my first time to post from my phone, so I hope everything posts up okay, and if not, my apologies in advance!

Well, I'm not a Hoosier, but for your reading pleasure, here is the link to a pdf of the decision by the United States Court of Appeal for the Seventh District on a federal lawsuit that the 'devotees' got involved in.

http://media.ca7.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/rssExec.pl?Submit=Display&Path=Y2013/D04-10/C:12-2157:J:Posner:aut:T:fnOp:N:1116011:S:0

And here is what Wikipedia has to say on the position of the Church.

Quote:A booklet containing the contents of the revelation, and bearing the Imprimatur of Archbishop Leibold, Sister Mary Ephrem's spiritual director, was published in 1960 and again in 1971. A distinction must be made between the devotion to Our Lady of America itself, and the claimed apparitions said to have initiated it. In 1963, Leibold, then an auxiliary bishop of Cincinnati (later Archbishop of Cincinnati 1969-1972), granted his Imprimatur to the text of a prayer Sister Mary Ephrem had written in honor of Our Lady of America, and to the design of a medal. While a number of church officials have indicated support for the devotion, finding nothing against church teaching, no decision has been rendered as yet with regard to the supernatural origin of the reported apparitions of Our Lady to Sister Mildred Neuzil.
Reports and claims of healings upon the grounds at Rome City, Indiana have not been verified and approved by the Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cincinnati has stated that the Devotion to Our Lady of America, as a matter of private revelation, has not been canonically approved despite the claims of some individuals.

Oh, and the property where the apparitions supposedly took place was sold and now belongs to the heretics of The Way International.
Thank you so much for the links, Jovan!  Very interesting, for sure.  The law suit thing looks like quite a mess. I wonder if the old ex-nun who was involved was being taken advantage of, as it looks like she had a partner, and he was the one who was made to finally "pay up"  as it  were, not she. Interesting also that Cardinal Burke was promoting the devotion so strongly among the American bishops. But, I guess until the church makes an official ruling we can't know for sure.

-Kate