Is he Saint Marcell Lefebvre?
(03-12-2017, 08:14 PM)EliRotello Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 07:48 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: No. That he is heaven, I have no doubt. I invoke his prayers frequently. But, until the Church returns to sanity and canonises him, to call him 'Saint' is premature.

Who else is going to venture to say that he is a Saint?  Bp. Fellay won't touch it now.  He should, but he won't.  Maybe we as Catholic laity need to say so.

Is this a ham-handed attempt to defame Bp. Fellay?

Anyways, as others have said, Abp. Lefebvre will likely be a Catholic saint one day, but obviously is not a declared saint at the moment. It's not a matter of what we, or Bp. Fellay "venture to say", as if we could bypass the Church and declare someone a saint on our own authority.

I personally pray for his intercession, and am confident he and the SSPX will be fully vindicated one day. 

Are there any miracles that have been attributed to him?
(03-13-2017, 09:55 AM)Poche Wrote: Are there any miracles that have been attributed to him?

Yes. The Mass is still offered in some places. And there are 600+ priests running around all over the world.
I do not think that he will ever be canonized.
The first prerequisite (I think we agree on this) would be that the Church returns to sanity.
But a Church returning to sanity would include much stricter criteria on canonizations.

And with all the good things Archbishop Lefebvre has achieved, people tend to forget that there are also problematic things associated with his work. Bishop Williamson is going to consecrate yet another bishop soon, and thus there is zero chance that all of the bishops in the line of Archbishop Lefebvre are going to reunite with the Church. In the future we will have lots and lots of vagant Lefebvre line bishops akin to the Thuch line bishops. I don't think a bishop with a vagant episcopal line is going to be canonized.

Additionally, the SSPX produced a lot of vagant bishops (not in Lefebvre's line), several antipopes and one guy who tried to assassinate the pope.

If someone from the Traditionalist movement is going to be canonized, my bet would be on Dom Gerard.
(03-13-2017, 10:20 AM)ermy_law Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 09:55 AM)Poche Wrote: Are there any miracles that have been attributed to him?

Yes. The Mass is still offered in some places. And there are 600+ priests running around all over the world.

That is not what I meant. I mean are there any inexplicable healing or other similar occurences which would constitute a miracle in the eyes of the congregation which oversees the canonization of saints?