Advice regarding my state in life
(07-31-2018, 12:16 PM)ServusDei Wrote: I would advise against getting a Ph.D., a juris doctorate is already enough, besides, you're in debt. You should consider opening up a private practice, you could do it from home.

Some schools will waive your tuition in your PhD program if you teach undergrad classes. In case anyone plans on going down that road, it's worth looking into.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
I didn't know that, thanks. I wonder if that can apply for my Comp. Science degree...
MonstranceDeo Gratias et Ave Maria! Monstrance
Pray the Rosary
(07-31-2018, 01:09 PM)ServusDei Wrote: I didn't know that, thanks. I wonder if that can apply for my Comp. Science degree...

Just to be clear, that's while you're in school  Big Grin. My wife was teaching undergrad courses while she was working towards her PhD and the school waived her tuition. It was also a state/city school, so waiving that tuition wasn't as much as something like a Harvard. That said, I think the school I went to for undergrad would waive tuition for kids whose parents worked for the university. So it's certainly possible. I'm not sure if they'll do anything after the fact though.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]