My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants.
(03-16-2017, 02:29 PM)Paul Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 12:49 PM)Gregory I Wrote: But this is my point: we cannot reverse God's judgment, and the penalty for original sin was expulsion from a state of purely natural happiness. How then can the soul of the unbaptized infant regain what has been justly taken away without any change in the soul?

The primary penalty for original sin was the loss of sanctifying grace. Expulsion from Eden was secondary. But it's possible for people to be happy in this life - and plenty of unbaptized people would say they are - even if it's nothing compared to the supernatural happiness of the Beatific Vision.

The quote about "different kinds of punishments" doesn't rule out natural happiness in Limbo, since being deprived of the Beatific Vision can be considered a punishment

But the happiness of Adam before the fall??? That's really a possibility? How is that possible for those who have been expelled from PERFECT natural happiness? And shouldn't eternal punishment have some correspondence to earthly punishment? For example when God wills to display his justice by commanding the slaughter of infants and adults together, that doesn't typify anything to you?

Messages In This Thread
Re: My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants. - by Gregory I - 03-16-2017, 02:48 PM