My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants.
(03-16-2017, 03:21 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Oh, goodie, we got a live one -- one of those people who seems to love the idea of little babies roasting in the flames of Hell. Yeah, that's just the sort of plan the God I know and love would come up with.

So, Gregory, do you smile when thinking of babies in the flames? If so, what else is wrong with you? And how did you get to be that way?

I am satisfied by God's justice. For example, was it good or bad for him to punish the wicked, including their children, in a flood? Can't God distinguish guilty people from innocent? Or the destruction of Sodom and Gommorah with fire? Or the death of the firstborn of Egypt? Or Davids Son?  Or the Destruction of the Canaanites?

In short, when God commanded the destruction of unbaptized infants, was he good and just in doing so or mean and wicked?

Faith will tell you good and just. But then there is something in the unbaptized infant that WARRANTS that kind of treatment. For God is just.

And if it is so here, I only say it would be proportionate there. As did St. Augustine, and Pope St. Gregory and St. Prosper, Fulgentius, Caesarius, Anselm etc. I simply wish to be in the company of the saints who had a good reason for their teaching.

If you don't run with God, you run with the devil. There is no middle option.

Messages In This Thread
Re: My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants. - by Gregory I - 03-16-2017, 03:33 PM