My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants.
I think that if there is a limbo then it is a state of natural happiness, they would still suffer the loss of the beatific vision which is the principle punishment of Hell. The physical punishment is more accoutrement so while their original sin prevents them from the beatific vision I don't see why they would have any other punishment.

For once I can sympathize with Melkite. I find this apparent joy in the eternal suffering of infants disturbing, at least when killing children he prevents them from committing actual sin. If He is going to punish them anyway then what's the point? The children already suffer the consequences of original sin which is bodily death so why must they suffer in eternity as well?

Besides, there have been people who had visions of Our Lord personally baptising them on their death beds when they  were unable to be baptised by another, why can't He apply this same mercy to children?

Messages In This Thread
Re: My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants. - by Dominicus - 03-16-2017, 07:38 PM