My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants.
(03-16-2017, 08:59 PM)Gregory I Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 07:39 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: What was lost after Eden was more than just "natural" happiness; it was supernatural happiness, infused grace. Unbaptized babies, normatively anyway, don't have infused grace. Hence they won't experience any Eden-like scenario in Limbo as Adam and Eve experienced Eden. But natural happiness is a different thing, having nothing to do with infused grace.

Well I can agree, but that's not the entire point. Really, are they sheep or goats? Goats. Are they elect or reprobate? Reprobate. Are they in the book of life, or not? Not. So their eternal destiny must be bound up with the destiny of all those others who will be cast into the lake of fire.  Just as the destiny of all those other infants of the Old Testament were bound up with those other actual sinners.

Moreover, in the Law of Moses, those things that are mortal sins are punished with physical death. For example those caught in adultery were stoned. Those children who were rebellious were put to death outside the camp.

God was teaching Israel about the eternal penalty of sin through earthly penalties. Similarly in his OWN just decrees he called for the entire extermination of entire peoples to show forth all of our implication in the sin of Adam. And he punished all with the same punishment.  He therefore images the last judgment where the great and small stand before the just judge. And all the goats, great and small are punished together, and all the just, great and small, are rewarded together. It's typology really.

Nice, all this writing off of the probability of Limbo as if its non-existence is dogma when it most certainly isn't (quite the opposite), pushing false dichotomies, assuming you know how many chapters the Book of Life has, etc..

Goats or sheep? They're human beings who aren't infused with supernatural grace, at least not by normative means. Metaphors are nice and helpful, but very limited.

God didn't punish people to teach about original sin. Sodom and Gomorrah residents were guilty of actual sin. So were the Canaanites. Etc.

Not sure what the law of Moses has to do with anything. And we don't operate under it anyway.

Look, if you don't want to believe that those who are innocent of actual sin but are not infused with sanctifying grace burn in Hell forever, listen to what the Church teaches, accept it, and take solace in it. That's what Catholics do. But if you do want to believe that, then you're sick.

Messages In This Thread
Re: My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants. - by VoxClamantis - 03-16-2017, 10:44 PM