My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants.
(03-17-2017, 10:36 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 09:24 PM)Gregory I Wrote: Thank you for such a clear response.

Maybe I am wrong. But something just strikes me as wrong about perfect natural happiness, unless I am misunderstanding it. Would we contend it is the state of nature Adam possessed if he was not gifted with grace but not guilty of sin?

Pretty much.

(03-17-2017, 09:24 PM)Gregory I Wrote: Nevertheless, the dogma teaches the whole man was changed for the worse, body and soul, in Adam. Is the only "worse" being posited for unbaptized infants that they are not justified? But then are all people born into a state of pure nature? Thoughts?

Of course we're all "born into a state of pure nature." But some of us -- most of us -- go on to commit actual sin. Tiny babies don't, and their suffering "torments," as you've titled this thread, simply for having been born would be unjust, vicious, and cruel. God is none of those things, and I consider it blasphemous to write things that indicate otherwise.

I understand your emotions, but you have to realize I am basing my opinion on how God himself has chosen to treat unjustified infants in the Old Testament. Like I said, 800 years of saints affirmed the same, is it really so horrific?

Messages In This Thread
Re: My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants. - by Gregory I - 03-17-2017, 10:50 PM