My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants.
(03-18-2017, 07:51 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 07:15 PM)cassini Wrote: Limbo is a theological conclusion. It is like saying 2+2 has 4 as its conclusion. You cannot have one without the other. The Gospels say baptism is necessary for heaven, end of story. Mortal sin is necessary for hell.  Purgatory is the place baptised without mortal sin go to cleans the effects of sin before one can get into heaven. A dead child who has never sinned does not qualify for any of these three places. But God is infinitely just, so I believe what St Thomas believed, that God has found a place for them in which they will not suffer but have a peaceful eternity. It seems to me to be the only Catholic conclusion.

If baptism is an absolute requirement for heaven, then it means that it is impossible for anyone, including any of God's prophets prior to Christ, to ever enter heaven.  If God had different requirements for entry into heaven prior to Christ, then, just as 2+2 has 4 as it's conclusion, one must conclude that the necessity for baptism to enter heaven is a conditional requirement.  If the situation with unbaptized infants does not fit the scenario where the conditional requirements apply, then it is necessary that God can, and at least possible that God will make a way for unbaptized infants to enter Heaven.

That's why the apostolic fathers taught that the apostles after death actually baptized the souls in the limbo of the fathers. Shepherd of Herman I believe.

Messages In This Thread
Re: My Soliloquies on the kinds of torments of unbaptized infants. - by Gregory I - 03-18-2017, 09:36 PM