Is there a traditional method for getting things Blessed within a Parish?
Yeah. At the FSSP parish here, people cart in tons of water to get blessed. Not turned into holy water, just blessed. I don't know what's up with that. But considering how much water they bring, the priests could bless water full time and not bless it all.

So a very solid idea to have a specific time to bless stuff.
(03-17-2017, 10:50 AM)ermy_law Wrote: Our parish (SSPX) has a blessing of things after Mass on the third Sunday of the month.

The FSSP parish across town does the same thing, as does the Institute oratory downtown.

So either all three of these groups came to the same conclusion independently or this is a rather "traditional" way to handle it.

The one exception to the general rule I mentioned was an FSSP Parish. Father would wait in the Sacristy for people to bring things in to be blessed. I had bought a Dodge van, and I jokingly asked if he wanted me to drive it into the Sacristy! He came out to the parking lot to bless it!
(03-17-2017, 12:48 AM)GratefulDad Wrote: Is there a traditional method for getting things Blessed within a Parish? Such as after Mass on a particular Sunday? As it stands you have to just catch the Priest after Mass and hope he has a couple of minutes to Bless your objects.

I look for a priest who is not doing anything and I ask him to bless whatever I want blessed.
:) :) :)