Am I sinning taking Clozapine (antipsychotic)?
I read this text:
"The excessive habitual use of morphine is without doubt sinful. Its excessive use will become grievously sinful, even a mortal sin, in cases where it works serious injury to bodily health".

it's from this website:
http://cmri.org/03-morphine.html

I am wondering, could this text be related to my taking of Clozapine.

I am taking antipsychotic medicine called Clozapine. Its starting dose was 12.5 mg, but my doctor is raising it up quite slowly to 200 mg dose. He says, that this is the right dose. Some take even 500 mg doses.

The medicine can decrease my white blood cells. and if my white blood cells are decreased enough (although they get back up when I take ), I become more vulnerable to infections

That is why I have blood tests once every week to test, whether my white blood cells have decreased or are they normal. My doctor said, that they (white blood cells) cannot drop dramatically in a week even though they can drop at least a little. So I guess I cannot be a victim of infection within a week, and I hope that they would stop for a while giving me the medication after a coincidence where the blood cells have dropped a little. I am in hospital right now, and the nurses are pressuring me to take the drug.

So am I doing a mortal sin since this medicine can possibly somewhat injure my (although the recited words said: "serious injury") bodily health, and I don't know where to draw the lines of excess.

How much is serious injury and how much is excess?

-JiiVee
If you're taking this on prescription and under close medical supervision, and you're not exceeding the prescribed dosage I seriously doubt there's any sin going on.  To be sure, ask a priest you trust.  The key in what you quoted was "excessive habitual use..."  Your doc should know what's "excessive".
I agree with J Michael. If you are taking the medicine under a doctor's supervision, I see no problem whatsoever, morally.
(03-19-2017, 04:08 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I agree with J Michael. If you are taking the medicine under a doctor's supervision, I see no problem whatsoever, morally.
^ this.

Do you struggle with scrupulosity? Your first two posts here (this and the sauna one) makes me wonder.
You should not stop taking an antipsychotic medication without the guidance of a physician. Doing so can be extremely dangerous.
(03-19-2017, 03:56 PM)J Michael Wrote: If you're taking this on prescription and under close medical supervision, and you're not exceeding the prescribed dosage I seriously doubt there's any sin going on.  To be sure, ask a priest you trust.  The key in what you quoted was "excessive habitual use..."  Your doc should know what's "excessive".

He took my words from out of my mouth. Once again, I agree with my friend!