LGBT heretical parishes?
                                              Sad to say, but this is already old news. Many of this parishes were listed as "Gay" friendly over a decade ago. Many parishoners of these churches march in homosexual pride parades and make no secret of there same sex relationships within these various parishes.
(03-19-2017, 08:34 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: While I get (I think) and agree with the point you're making, it's one thing to single out a person in a given, normal parish and make him the "designated sinner," and it's another to have a parish whose pastor twists Church teaching and doesn't just welcome homosexuals (as all parishes should), but condones homosexual acts.

When friends of mine went through their Pre-Cana thing, they were given a printed, published little booklet that goes into the particulars of how Pre-Cana should be handled by co-habitating couples.  There wasn't any kind of recommendation that they should separate until the wedding or at least remain abstinent if they could not discontinue living with each other.  I imagine many NO parishes are effectively the equivalent of these gay-affirming parishes.
(03-19-2017, 07:56 PM)GoodKingWenceslas Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 07:36 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Only the Ordinary in whose pastoral care the parish is, or Rome can do anything. And, I guarantee you, they already know, which speaks volumes.
So it would not be a good idea to try?

As Jovan says, they already know... and it does speak volumes.  And Melkite is right as well, the pews have there share of heterosexual couples who are unmarried, openly cohabitating and not practicing abstinence.  It is no different than everything else we thought was wrong but is now green lighted in this bizarro world.

We just recently had Anglican Vespers in St Peters Basilica.  Our local bishop (Calgary diocese) is having interfaith Lenten services supporting Christian unity with the lutherans in a Catholic Church  (as I am sure many other diocese are as well, now that the holy father has told us all that we have in common).  The lutherans of all people, heretics who hold disdain for the Catholic Church as an institution. 

The church heirarchy has proven itself as fully fluent in 'affirming' both heresy and sacrilege.  My own two cents is that It's not worth your time to complain, only your prayers will help.
It's very sad. Thankfully I haven't heard of anything like that here in New Zealand.

Most Holy Redeemer, one of the churches that Miriam mentioned, says the following:

The community of Most Holy Redeemer shares God’s compassionate love with all people. The parish offers a spiritual home to all: senior citizens and youth; single people and families; those who are straight, gay, lesbian, and transgendered; the healthy and the sick, particularly persons with HIV disease.

Not quite. I don't think the parish offers "a spiritual home" to traditional Catholics who want the Latin Mass (or even a reverent NO Mass). I don't think we'd be very welcome at that church. Oh, the irony.
(03-19-2017, 07:56 PM)GoodKingWenceslas Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 07:36 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Only the Ordinary in whose pastoral care the parish is, or Rome can do anything. And, I guarantee you, they already know, which speaks volumes.
So it would not be a good idea to try?

There is so much pain in the homosexual community, as many homosexuals have very deep wounds from childhood which may involve absent, weak, or abusive fathers, overbearing mothers, problems connecting with their peers, and sexual abuse. That is why, as a community, they can be shockingly hateful, unforgiving, and vindictive. When people are hurt, afraid, and angry, they can be pretty vicious. They need people to pray for them. They need holy, kind, gentle people who, treading very carefully, can help them see their own dignity before God and come to want to live lives that are pleasing to Him. Unfortunately, they are mostly met with people who either confirm them in their sin, are too harsh, or are too cowardly to show them true love and compassion, that is, to show them kindness and gentleness while also helping them realize that the way they are living is not good for them.