Are racist or generally bad jokes mortal sin?
I had my first confession recently, and after I've really been trying hard to reduce my sin, and so I'm going to stop making bad jokes of the racist and general vulgar variety, but are they mortal sins? The question would just be if I should get to confession as soon as possible or wait til Saturday.
I don't know about a mortal sin, but I think that vulgar/sexual jokes should definitely be avoided.

The Bible says " Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving" (Ephesians 5:4 ESV)
General rule of thumb: if you have to ask if something is a mortal sin, if you committed it before asking this question, it wasn't.

I agree with MichaelNZ that inappropriate jokes should be avoided.
Does this mean no more ISIS sheep loving jokes?
IF you say anything that you know would be designed to hurt other people then that could be a mortal sin. 
(04-04-2017, 10:22 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Does this mean no more ISIS sheep loving jokes?
:LOL: I hope not.

I don't think this is offensive.

How many irishmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five, one to hold the bulb and the other four to drink till the room start's spinning.
It's funny because in the old days people used racial jokes all the time and no one cared. These days people are so sensitive. Most racial jokes are made out of fun, some out of malice. I'm sure the crusaders made tons of Muslim jokes, I doubt God was upset that those dirty Saracens were made fun of.

(04-05-2017, 10:08 AM)Eric F Wrote:                                           I don't think this is offensive.

How many irishmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five, one to hold the bulb and the other four to drink till the room start's spinning.

I am SO triggered, and have reported this post as offensive.

Nah, just kidding. :P

Q: What's the difference between Mick Jagger and a Scotsman?
A: Mick Jagger says "Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!" whereas a Scotsman says, "Hey! McCloud! Get off of my ewe!"

(04-05-2017, 09:17 AM)GangGreen Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 10:22 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Does this mean no more ISIS sheep loving jokes?
:LOL: I hope not.

Q: How does IS practice safe sex?
A: By marking the ones that kick with a big X.
I don't thin