Interesting Holistic Cures/Folk Remedies Website
I am not taking the ACV for anything in particular - just for overall health, but the recommended dose is 2 tbls of ACV with 2 tsp of pure honey in a glass of water 3x a day. I actually started it because of my daughter. She suffered with severe migraines almost every other day - they were pretty bad. Nothing was helping, not even strong pain killers. I did some research and discovered that ACV supposedly helped for that. I started her on the dose described above and made her drink that every day. She has had about 3 headaches since then (that was over 2 months ago), and when she DOES get one, I give her the ACV mixture and it stops the pain within 10 minutes.

As an aside, if you notice after taking it for a few days, that your tongue feels "burned" (it happened to me), then this means that your body's electrolytes and buffers are seriously depleted/imbalanced and is having a hard time assimilating the nutrients in the ACV. To bring your body up to speed, you will have to either A.) add 2 tsp pure baking soda (use a tall glass, it really foames up LOL) to the ACV mixture, or B.) mix 2 tsp pure baking soda with water and drink that separately 2-3 times a day. I had to do it for 2 weeks, but it worked. Of course, not everyone will have this problem.
   This is even more interesting!  I also get hideous migraines, had a regular headache this morning, and that went away.  I'm surprised that it didn;t taste so bad, and mine was just cheap stuff.  I'll bet the organic is nice, but next time I'm going to MEASURE first and not just think how fat I feel and chug like this day.
What a fascinating site!! I read something about wrapping your feet in egg-white-soaked paper towels and then covering them with socks to fight a fever...that is trully amazing! Thanks for sharing! [Image: asianbow.gif]
Gloria1 Wrote:I'll bet the organic is nice, but next time I'm going to MEASURE first and not just think how fat I feel and chug like this day.

The organic is what you need, if you can get it. The regular, everyday store ACV does not have all the nutrients you need - and it's pasteurized which is not good. Bragg's ACV is raw and organic, although I am sure there are other brands that offer it raw as well. :)
Mommie2Boys Wrote:What a fascinating site!! I read something about wrapping your feet in egg-white-soaked paper towels and then covering them with socks to fight a fever...that is trully amazing! Thanks for sharing! [Image: asianbow.gif]

Wow, I hadn't seen that egg-white rememdy yet. I'll have to check it out!
O.K. I am a wimp. How on earth do you girls ever get used to this stuff? Twice I have purchased this from the healh food store[Image: frown.gif] I could not do it. But, what is this about baking soda?? Geez, I have so many things wrong with me, M.S., now arthritis, migraines,  sinus-allergies,menopause [Image: blah.gif][Image: blah.gif] I sound like an old lady. I must investigate this site. Thanks
catholicmonarchistmom Wrote:O.K. I am a wimp. How on earth do you girls ever get used to this stuff? Twice I have purchased this from the healh food store[Image: frown.gif] I could not do it. But, what is this about baking soda?? Geez, I have so many things wrong with me, M.S., now arthritis, migraines, sinus-allergies,menopause [Image: blah.gif][Image: blah.gif] I sound like an old lady. I must investigate this site. Thanks

EarthClinic.com has an intriguing piece on a therapy called "Oil Pulling."  It seems to be ridiculously simple, yet effective.  I'm reading up on it now (from various internet sources).  Feel free to check it out here:

http://earthclinic.com/Remedies/oil_pulling.html

Just read that, it is so simple I will try it. Thanks alot
 Hi JLeigh,   Thanks for the info on Bragg's.  Might this explain the fact that I appear to NOT be shedding pounds???  But actually, I've almost acquired a taste for the cheap stuff, mixed with water.  Honestly, it is a mood picker-upper, though.
Gloria1 Wrote: Hi JLeigh,   Thanks for the info on Bragg's.  Might this explain the fact that I appear to NOT be shedding pounds???  But actually, I've almost acquired a taste for the cheap stuff, mixed with water.  Honestly, it is a mood picker-upper, though.

I have never used it to lose weight, so I have no idea what you should expect from it. I do know that the raw, organic ACV is MUCH more beneficial, so switching to that may be more helpful for weight loss. :)