Interesting Holistic Cures/Folk Remedies Website
Careful with the holistic medicine people, they tend to believe in weird things and prescribe "medicines" after annalyzing your "aura".
CampeadorShin Wrote:Careful with the holistic medicine people, they tend to believe in weird things and prescribe "medicines" after annalyzing your "aura".

Not always the case. Many holistic doctors/medical folks use the goods that God gave us - herbs, etc - to help cure us. It is sad that some of them are out there on the wacko New Age scale, but this is not always part and parcel of naturopathic medicine. I know of two naturopathic physicians that are devout Catholics.
Christina
Hey everyone, my sister, Sharon, has just posted her first (free) "SmartScripts" e-book dealing with leg pain and edema. They won't all be free, so this is a nice "gimme" :) Check it out at our website 1 Healthy Boomer. (The link above will take you right to it.)

Btw, she had also recommended the "oil pulling"...we are both into natural and holistic remedies, gleaned from our own research while putting together a (succesful!) alternative cure for our mother's cancer.

Thanks!
Robin
Many people at our church know quite a bit and have benefited much from natural cures and health foods.  I was raised on "Wonder bread", white table sugar, and Lucky Charms so it is taking me a while to get this.  I did start taking flax seed and definitely noticed a difference in my health but when I saw my friends drinking ACV I said NO WAY!  Then I read this post and checked out the website.  So I got some and I drank it.  I wasn't sure if I was going to be sick or not, but after a minute or two of swallowing I was safe[Image: smile.gif].  That said...I felt great today!  Maybe it was all in my mind since it was only one serving of the stuff and I really felt I deserved to feel great after swallowing something like that, but I really did feel more energetic and not so "sludgy".  So I will take it again tomorrow and offer the sips up for the Holy Souls and if I drink enough of this I just might get healthier, lose the weight I need to lose and get people to Heaven.[Image: cheerleader.gif]

I also read about the oil pulling and find that rather fascinating.  I have been meaning to try it but so far haven't remembered before I have eaten anything. If any of you have tried it let me know  what happened.

Quote:So I will take it again tomorrow and offer the sips up for the Holy Souls

Now there's an idea! That stuff is so very disgusting! Three glasses a day? I'm lucky if I can get half a glass down. [Image: tounge2.gif]
[Image: bomb.gif][Image: bomb.gif]THREE GLASSES?  Did I get my amount wrong?  I've done more like three tablespoons of ACV...yikes.  Still havn't had time to get to the health food store for organic vinegar.  Three glasses?
Gloria1 Wrote:[Image: bomb.gif][Image: bomb.gif]THREE GLASSES?  Did I get my amount wrong?  I've done more like three tablespoons of ACV...yikes.  Still havn't had time to get to the health food store for organic vinegar.  Three glasses?

Hi Gloria,

Here's what JLeigh wrote:
the recommended dose is 2 tbls of ACV with 2 tsp of pure honey in a glass of water 3x a day.

2 tsp of honey? Maybe half a jar...  [Image: laff.gif]
How does ACV help you lose weight?
  Dear MDroyale,  I really hope to begin telling you about weight loss and ACV.  Went coat shopping last night, and it was ghastly and frightening.  Looks like I'd better get my instructions straight!
I have to shop for a  formal gown for the Marine Corps Birthday Ball in November.  I wore a long black gown a few years back while slightly pregnant and feel I looked like an olive.  I don't want to do that again (maybe I could get a tasteful red dress and resemble a tomato this year[Image: wink.gif]) This stuff better work FAST! 

I will admit that after a few days it isn't quite as horrid.  I don't wake in the middle of the night craving it or anything, but I make less faces during the consumption.  My children miss the faces.