Interesting Holistic Cures/Folk Remedies Website
I'm drinking my first full glass today.
mdmroyale Wrote:How does ACV help you lose weight?

I have no idea. I wanted to take it to see if it would give me some much-need energy. [Image: laff.gif] 

My doctor put me on Paxil a month ago (for panic attacks), and said I could gain weight from it -- so I've been working out extra-hard, and so far, so good...no weight gain. LOL It would be nice if ACV would help me maintain my current weight as well.....if only I was able to down the stuff! Blech!!
Marisa Wrote:
mdmroyale Wrote:How does ACV help you lose weight?

I have no idea. I wanted to take it to see if it would give me some much-need energy. [Image: laff.gif] 

My doctor put me on Paxil a month ago (for panic attacks), and said I could gain weight from it -- so I've been working out extra-hard, and so far, so good...no weight gain. LOL It would be nice if ACV would help me maintain my current weight as well.....if only I was able to down the stuff! Blech!!

It is so hard to swallow this stuff [Image: tongue.gif]
Take a big breath and hold it while you drink as much as you can and don't breathe out of your nose until you are done and have rinsed your mouth.  I put mine in Diet Arizona Green Tea with Honey.  Makes it tolerable.

littleflower Wrote:Take a big breath and hold it while you drink as much as you can and don't breathe out of your nose until you are done and have rinsed your mouth.  I put mine in Diet Arizona Green Tea with Honey.  Makes it tolerable.

I'm gona try that
  Oh bleh.  I am still taking ACV and enjoying the cheery results, but I don't think I've lost an ounce.  I am still hopeful, because it has killed some allergy headaches and throat infections.  But it's unfair not to be losing weight[Image: bawl.gif]  Or maybe it works on what is most needed first, and then the metabolism thing kicks in.  I brush my teeth with baking soda afterward to help with the yuk.
Looks like the apple cider vinegar diet has not held up well in courts.

Texas District Court issued a PERMENANT injunction ordering Brian S. Peskin and his company to pay $100,000 to the State of Texas and to refrain from making a long list of unsubstantiated claims about their Radiant Health Products and Peskin's credentials, including Apple Cider Vinegar dieting goods.

The actural product was called: "Herbal Essence" which is an acidified food made of Burdock Root, Sheep Sorrel, Cat's Claw bark, Slippery Elm bark, and Turkish Rhubarb Root brewed with APPLE CIDER VINEGAR and water.

The defendent claimed that "Herbal Essence" will do the follwing in advertisments: help you lose weight; (2) boost your immune system; (3) protect against heart disease; (4) reduce the risk of breast, prostate and other cancers; (5) increase your energy, improve concentration, and minimize the harmful effects of stress; (6) eliminate varicose veins; (7) lower blood pressure; (8) lower cholesterol; (9) eliminate cellulite; (10) cure constipation; (11) prevent diabetes; (12) manage ADD; (13) eliminate fatigue; (14) reduce your appetite.

The Case:
STATE OF TEXAS, Plaintiff v.PERKINS MANAGEMENT, INC. D/B/A MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY PRODUCTS & BRIAN SCOTT PESKIN Defendant
HARRIS COUNTY 55th District Court No. 2002-21594
I would suggest vetting any dietary supplements at the follwing site.

http://www.consumerlab.com/index.asp?claffid=101024
Here is another letter of warning from Department of Health and Human Service to three compaines selling various Apple Cider Vinegar products:

HCC DemoMarketing, LLC, of Germantown, Tennessee

http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/fr000106.html

Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Diet-Pills.Com, of Dayton, Ohio

Sharon L. Bush, of Birmingham, Alabama

Now I am sure this is all one big goverment conspiracy, but the follwing should be the most convicing evidence against apple cider viengar cures/diets!

HCC DemoMarketing claimed apple cider vinegar did this:
helped arthritis, osteoperosis, and sore throats

Apple Cider Vinegar Diet Pills claimed this:

helped arthritis pain, fight infection, osteoporosis, control cholesterol, help people with high blood pressure, sore throats, laryngitis, and nasal congestion.

And Sharon Bush claimed it helped:

arthritis, prostate problems, multiple sclerosis, and high cholesterol levels

So, it would see that the shake oil vendors can't even agree upon what their snake oil does (which is nothing).

Personally, I like the taste of Apple Cider Vinegar and enjoy it on salads and in some stir fry dishes.

argaddini Wrote:So, it would see that the shake oil vendors can't even agree upon what their snake oil does (which is nothing).

Once again, you waltz into a relatively useful thread and start making inflammatory statements. For your information (although I didn't see my name on your "official list" of credible sources, I'll give it a shot anyway), I can attribute raw, organic ACV to helping me with at least three different ailments. I haven't had my above statement evaluated by the FDA, JAMA or anyone else, so I suppose I shouldn't talk about it lest I be accused of being a quack for spreading my snake oil cures all over the net - since the snake oil in question doesn't really do anything anyway, even though it cured me.