A question from the past
Almost nine years ago, in a thread about John Paul II kissing the Quran, someone posted:

Quote:When he was alive I used to cringe when seeing his name mentioned on news articles. The things that came out of his mouth were at best ambiguous, but often they were just misleading and imprudent.

Am I the only one who misses the clarity of John Paul, given the current Pontiff? :(

(04-13-2017, 09:29 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Am I the only one who misses the clarity of John Paul, given the current Pontiff? :(
No, you certainly aren't. I miss the clarity of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI as well.
(04-13-2017, 09:33 PM)In His Love Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 09:29 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Am I the only one who misses the clarity of John Paul, given the current Pontiff? :(
No, you certainly aren't. I miss the clarity of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI as well.
Oh, I do too! I was only comparing John Paul with Francis.
We need the strong moral voice that Pope St. John Paul II had, on the life issues, the marriage and family issues, the "I'm a strong womyn (truly strong women are nurturers, whereas priests and the like are providers, and they are humble enough to accept the Church's teaching on ordination) and I want to be ordained" issues, etc.