Has anyone else been thinking this way lately?
(04-16-2017, 11:39 AM)Eric F Wrote:                                                     THIS COMMENT.

"  If nothing happens by October 14th, though, I think I will be firmly convinced the Fatima apparition was demonic in origin".

I wasn't aware the Fatima apparitions were de fide.
(04-16-2017, 05:30 AM)Julia Augusta Wrote: I'd be careful about speculating on these matters. Think about World War II. If you were sitting in a bomb shelter in London or Dresden, I'm sure you'd be thinking that it's the end of the world.

It's very tempting to see things the way we want to see them and to read some kind of apocalypse into all kinds of phenomena.

Nevertheless, it's important to tell yourself when you wake up every morning that it could be your last day (or hour) on earth and to ask God for another chance to repent. You have to be ready.

I agree Julia.

I have seen too many Catholic friends die waiting for something to happen. If you think something will happen and it does not, where then? That 'something,' it is prophesised, will be horror and terror. Personally I do not wish that on us, our children, our grandchildren. Pray the rosary that nothing will happen in our time.
Oy vey!  Something big is always *going to* happen.  Trouble is, until it happens we can never, ever know for sure what it will be or when.  But...speculating and living in the future can be fun sometimes, eh? :grin:  It has the benefit of taking us out of the present moment which in many cases may be very painful or uncomfortable or troubling.
I tend to think something may happen, but i think too many people are putting too much stock into it. We're supposed to always be prepared regardless. If something doesn't happen people who put too much faith into these things may lose faith over things that are pure speculation.
                                                                  Melkite. You are not required to believe in Our Lady of Fatima, but they have been declared Worthy Of Belief, so to entertain the possibility that they may be demonic is way out of line.
(04-16-2017, 05:32 PM)Eric F Wrote:                                                                   Melkite. You are not required to believe in Our Lady of Fatima, but they have been declared Worthy Of Belief, so to entertain the possibility that they may be demonic is way out of line.

Can we think about this logically for a minute?  I am not required to believe in Our Lady of Fatima, but entertaining the possibility that it may be demonic is out of line.  Ok.  So not believing it is ok, but affirming it as demonic is not ok.  In the realm of the supernatural, is there anything other than divine or demonic? So, if it is not acceptable for me to believe it is demonic, is there any other option for me than to believe it is from God?  How can I not believe it is from God if I must believe it is from God?
I agree with you Melkite. I'm on the fence about Fatima, or any Marian apparition to be honest. The only one I see as being probably miraculous is Guadalupe with the Tilma. Even the message in that was not all apocalyptic and fire and brimstone like La Salette, and Fatima. Also, theres not much about Jesus in Fatima, it's mostly about avoiding hell, temporal chaos and about having the Pope consecrate a nation, not to God, but to the Virgin Mary! It's been deemed worthy of belief but I personally have nothing much to do with it. I'm not saying it's not true, but I remain on the fence, not really caring either way.
                                                                      There's a world of difference between having no opinion on something to believing it may be demonic. Every prophecy of the Blessed Mother at Fatima has come true, and yet you consider the possibility that it may be demonic ?

(04-16-2017, 07:07 PM)Eric F Wrote:                                                                       There's a world of difference between having no opinion on something to believing it may be demonic. Every prophecy of the Blessed Mother at Fatima has come true, and yet you consider the possibility that it may be demonic ?

How can I be agnostic about it if I'm required to be gnostic that it is not demonic?  If I am gnostic that it is not demonic, then by mere process of elimination, I must also be gnostic that it came from God.  You can't be free to have no opinion if there are only two possible opinions and you're not allowed to have one of them.  The only way I can be allowed to have no opinion is if I'm allowed to believe that demonic origin is a valid possibility.
                                                  If you decide Our Lady of Fatima is demonic, when her statue is in numerous Catholic Churches, we celebrate her Feast day, and millions of Catholics have a devotion to her, what's to stop you from deciding what else is demonic ? At that point you could make the argument that almost any Saint is demonic. I couldn't see belonging to a church where I might have to say, that statue 20 feet from the pew I'm kneeling in is demonic, it's that absurd.