Pope Francis TED Talk. Enjoy
https://www.ted.com/talks/pope_francis_why_the_only_future_worth_building_includes_everyone?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tedspread#t-431130
No thanks.
(04-26-2017, 03:55 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: No thanks.

Didn't like it?
(04-26-2017, 09:38 PM)Mark Williams Wrote:

Didn't like it?

I can't say I'm too fond of the speaker.
(04-26-2017, 10:10 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:

Didn't like it?

I'm not sure myself whether I like the Pope a great deal (not that my opinion matters), but when I read your comment "No thanks", I nearly laughed out loud in a large public room.  :LOL:
I thought his explanation of the virtue of hope was pretty good.
(04-27-2017, 02:28 AM)Etimasia Wrote: I thought his explanation of the virtue of hope was pretty good.

I found it wanting. He was talking about human hope, which isn't a virtue at all (esp. when it's blind and stupid), not hope as Catholics understand it, not hope as a supernaturally infused virtue like faith and charity.

There's nothing he said that couldn't have been said by a typical Leftist. Aside from the parable he referred to (and talks about in the standard Leftist way), it's all meaningless, purty words, nicey-nice pre-school crap. And when he's done giving his little TedTalk and basking in the applause, he meets up with Soros to do his bidding. Not impressed...
His statement that he was born into a family of migrants explains why he wants people to take in so many of the refugees. I just think we need to be really careful and make sure the people who are settling have the same intentions that his family had.

I appreciate that he mentioned Jesus' parable of the good Samaritan.
Not all migrants are equal. Migrating to a country with the same religion and similar culture (especially Italians to Argentina) is a much different situation vs. this one.
(04-27-2017, 01:45 AM)Mark Williams Wrote:
(04-26-2017, 10:10 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:

Didn't like it?

I'm not sure myself whether I like the Pope a great deal (not that my opinion matters), but when I read your comment "No thanks", I nearly laughed out loud in a large public room.  :LOL:

I did too! But mostly because I feel the same way.