Flat Earth Discussion
I've said it before. The Earth is banana-shaped. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(11-06-2017, 04:42 PM)Paul Wrote: Only 22 pages to go until we hit eleventy!

That means only 25 pages until we hit potato!
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
OK Flat earthers, how come there is an immovable fixed point around which the stars spin every day visable to some on Earth called the north Pole of the universe,

and another immovable fixed point to a different number of rotating stars visible to people below the Equator called the South Pole of the universe. 

This is evidence that the earth has to be a globe with all the stars turning around the Earth every 24 hours. There is no explanation for this if the earth was flat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cassini's post:
  • BC
Since the thread got revived:

"Later that year, on 27 November, Catherine saw another vision of Mary. She describes her like this:
Quote:Her height was medium and her countenance, indescribably beautiful. She was dressed in a robe the color of the dawn, high-necked, with plain sleeves. Her head was covered with a white veil, which floated over Her shoulders down to her feet. Her feet rested upon a globe, or rather one half of a globe, for that was all that could be seen. Her hands which were on a level with her waist, held in an easy manner another globe, a figure of the world. Her eyes were raised to Heaven, and her countenance beamed with light as She offered the globe to Our Lord."

https://www.fisheaters.com/miraculousmedal.html

(12-16-2017, 01:22 PM)In His Love Wrote: Since the thread got revived:

"Later that year, on 27 November, Catherine saw another vision of Mary. She describes her like this:
Quote:Her height was medium and her countenance, indescribably beautiful. She was dressed in a robe the color of the dawn, high-necked, with plain sleeves. Her head was covered with a white veil, which floated over Her shoulders down to her feet. Her feet rested upon a globe, or rather one half of a globe, for that was all that could be seen. Her hands which were on a level with her waist, held in an easy manner another globe, a figure of the world. Her eyes were raised to Heaven, and her countenance beamed with light as She offered the globe to Our Lord."

Yep! Seems to me that the Blessed Mother might just know a thing or two! Smile
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • In His Love
(12-16-2017, 01:22 PM)In His Love Wrote: Since the thread got revived:

Interestingly, if you look at what she is standing on in a color version, it is not the earth she is standing on. Look closely. She is standing on the stars in the Firmament. The globe represents the whole of creation: The earth, the Firmament , and Sheol beneath the earth, as depicted in the ancient Hebrew conception of the universe posted a while back.
"The missionaries of the 16th century were convinced that the unbaptized person is lost forever. After the Second Vatican Council, this conviction was definitely abandoned. The result was a two-sided, deep crisis. Without this attentiveness to salvation, the Faith loses its foundation." -Benedict XVI, Avvenire interview, March 16th, 2016
[-] The following 1 user Likes BC's post:
  • Qubit
(12-16-2017, 10:15 AM)cassini Wrote: OK Flat earthers, how come there is an immovable fixed point around which the stars spin every day visable to some on Earth called the north Pole of the universe,

and another immovable fixed point to a different number of rotating stars visible to people below the Equator called the South Pole of the universe. 

This is evidence that the earth has to be a globe with all the stars turning around the Earth every 24 hours. There is no explanation for this if the earth was flat.

I feel like I ran across the answer to this somewhere a while back. Did you ever end up watching the star trails explained video?

Incidentally, Eric Dubay, probably the most capable of Flat Earth apologists, has been terminated from You Tube recently. All his videos have been scrubbed  because he violated their Orwellian hate speech policy.
"The missionaries of the 16th century were convinced that the unbaptized person is lost forever. After the Second Vatican Council, this conviction was definitely abandoned. The result was a two-sided, deep crisis. Without this attentiveness to salvation, the Faith loses its foundation." -Benedict XVI, Avvenire interview, March 16th, 2016

[Image: 12jpi8.jpg]
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain