Cdl. Sarah: Bishops Silent on Church Crisis (Church Militant)
"ROME (ChurchMilitant.com) - Prelates may fearlessly speak out on social justice issues like immigration and poverty only to fall silent on the real crisis of faith overwhelming the Church.

During an April 18 interview with Aid to the Church in Need (ACN), an international Catholic charity, Cdl. Robert Sarah made this point. "The Church is gravely mistaken as to the nature of the real crisis if she thinks that her essential mission is to offer solutions to all the political problems relating to justice, peace, poverty, the reception of migrants, etc. while neglecting evangelization," he said.

During his address delivered earlier this month at a liturgical conference held in Germany, the prefect for the Congregation of Divine Worship spoke in like fashion: "Many refuse to face up to the Church's work of self-destruction through the deliberate demolition of her doctrinal, liturgical, moral and pastoral foundations.""

More here:

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/artic...rch-crisis
That's for sure! Credit to him for stating that.
I am very grateful for His insight and statement. For a long time I have been dismayed by the vanity of most peoples lives. It is the grace of a realization of how fragile and tenuous salvation is for many souls given that they have little or no time for Christ.  I hear our blessed Mother's and her Son's anguish over all the souls being lost to hell. I once asked a Catholic co-worker, who belonged to a Catholic community that is very active, "How many people have you witnessed to at work"  He got embarrassed and admitted he didn't recall any.  I could not reconcile this in my mind given St. Paul's statement "I work out my salvation in fear and trembling".  I mean, what's the point?  Doing all kinds of Catholic stuff and serving the poor is good, but if you look at scripture, Jesus and His disciples always preached the gospel in conjunction with everything they did.

Most of my fellow parishioners are ready to jump up and do service work, but the idea of actually talking about their faith with others, and they start backing off, wringing their hands and worrying about offending someone.

I have been tempted to say. "Now you have clothes, you are fed, now you can happily go off to your damnation".  I'm not in any way saying we shouldn't serve the poor. I'm just asking "what about those who live in spiritual poverty" Making disciples of all men, means preaching Christ crucified and challenging people to look inward at what really matters.

Catholic's should shoot their TV's , read more scripture, pray a lot more, go to Mass more than on Sunday, spend time in Eucharistic adoration, and ask Jesus for a portion of His burning thirst for souls.