Three days of darkness - yea or nay?
What do you guys think of this prophecy? If you've never heard of it before, here is some info (here is another good site as well).

I personally am scared of this event happening. I've heard that the only thing that will give light are blessed candles, and they will only shine in the houses of the faithful, not in those of the wicked. Well, where does that leave me? I live with my non-Catholic mother. Would it give light to me and not her? I don't know.

Also something that worries me is that after the event, we will have to return to the land and repair all the damage to the earth. I'm not suited for physical work - I'm studying IT.

I really hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime.
Nay
Sin is far more dangerous than a supernatural darkness, which, if God in His infinite goodness sees fit to inflict upon us a loving corrective, should not be dreaded and feared anyway.

Personally, I have some reservations about the prophecy. While I am sure that it is harmless in itself as part of a larger spiritual life, and people of doubtless sanctity have fervently believed in it, I have the impression that some people might be inclined to develop a singular fixation on it as an apocalyptic event, fearing its coming while at the same time also wishing for it to come so that enemies of the faith may be destroyed.

God is actively at work in our lives and in the world, but not as a bogeyman. God loves us, and gives us so much, in spite of much larger mistakes than forgetting to have stashed away enough blessed candles to last for three days. And, in the scheme of things, I can't help but feel that perishing in a miracle, with God personally intervening in the natural order of things so as to kill you, would be a sort of great privilege, with God unmistakably leaving a mark of his presence in your life, especially considering how many deaths are due to natural causes or man's cruelty. Vanishingly few people are killed by unmistakable miracles. Of course, one should still take care not to die in a state of mortal sin.
Idk how i feel about it. Either way, these prophesies can also be metaphoric from a spiritual sense. Who knows exactly what they mean or if they will happen exactly as stated.

What if we're in the three days of darkness right now? Three days in which Our Lord was in the tomb. As such, we're in the time period in which the Church seems to be in the tomb, dead and gone. The darkness of course being the evil of the world... a world which seems to have no light because the Church is in disorder. Those who go out into the darkness perish... a spiritual death. All those who stay with Christ are those who will stay inside with their blessed candles in prayers. The candles are what seems to be the only source of light is the light of Christ which can only be found in what seems to be the smallest of places. Even those who are not of the world will perish if they do not have the light of Christ. Let us not look at the windows at the world or even be curious of it, because we too may perish because the occurrences of this world without the Church may allure us into spiritual death as well.  Just a thought anyway.
I would agree with the above, just get to confession frequently, amend you life and pray.  I used to get really worried about these sorts of things, but I don't anymore, I wear my scapular and pray my rosary everyday, and to some degree that has given me a level of peace.  If God is going to punish the world, it is our own fault, and we should trust that He knows what He is doing. 

Do I believe that there is a punishment coming? Yes. I don't know when, where or how.
Do I know what it will be? No. Akita and Fatima seem to indicate fire, but who knows what that means.
Am I worried about it? I would be lying if I said no, but I am not losing sleep.

The point of these prophecies is to wake us up.  If you are living a good, faithful Catholic life, then you should have no reason to worry.
(05-02-2017, 10:23 AM)GangGreen Wrote: Idk how i feel about it. Either way, these prophesies can also be metaphoric from a spiritual sense. Who knows exactly what they mean or if they will happen exactly as stated.

What if we're in the three days of darkness right now? Three days in which Our Lord was in the tomb. As such, we're in the time period in which the Church seems to be in the tomb, dead and gone. The darkness of course being the evil of the world... a world which seems to have no light because the Church is in disorder. Those who go out into the darkness perish... a spiritual death. All those who stay with Christ are those who will stay inside with their blessed candles in prayers. The candles are what seems to be the only source of light is the light of Christ which can only be found in what seems to be the smallest of places. Even those who are not of the world will perish if they do not have the light of Christ. Let us not look at the windows at the world or even be curious of it, because we too may perish because the occurrences of this world without the Church may allure us into spiritual death as well.  Just a thought anyway.

I think you're onto something.
                                                        The scariest days in the history of the world are ahead of us. Just read some of the things Jesus said about the End Times. the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall be moved.  And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, by reason of the confusion of the roaring of the sea and of the waves;
Men withering away for fear, and expectation of what shall come upon the whole world. For the powers of heaven shall be moved. 
I don't know how things will play out, but there does seem to be good support for this:

""After the three days of darkness, St. Peter and St. Paul, having come down from Heaven, will preach in the whole world and designate a new Pope. A great light will flash from their bodies and will settle upon the cardinal who is to become Pope. Christianity, then, will spread throughout the world. He is the Holy Pontiff, chosen by God to withstand the storm. At the end, he will have the gift of miracles, and his name shall be praised over the whole earth. Whole nations will come back to the Church and the face of the earth will be renewed. Russia, England, and China will come into the Church." (Prophecy of Blessed Anna Maria Taigi [1769-1837 A.D.] who was Beatified by Benedict XV in 1920.)"

"Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (June 15, 1882)

Jesus: “ . . . I forewarn you that a day will be found and it is already appointed when there will be little sun, few stars, and no light to take a step outside of your homes, the refuges of My people.

The days will be beginning to increase (days get longer on Dec 22). It will not be at the height of summer nor during the longer days of the year (summer time), but when the days are still short (winter time). It will not be at the end of the year, but during the first months (of the year) that I shall give My clear warnings. That day of darkness and lightning will be the first that I shall send to convert the impious, and to see if a great number will return to Me, before the Great Storm (Chastisement) which will closely follow. (The darkness and lightning of) that day will not cover all of France, but a part of Brittany will be tried by it. (However) on the side on which is found the land of the mother of My Immaculate Mother (the land of St. Anne) will not be covered by darkness to come, up to your place (home of Marie-Julie) . . . All the rest will be in the most terrible fright. From one night to the next — one complete day —, the thunder will not cease to rumble. The fire from the lightnings will do a lot of damage, even in the closed homes where someone will be living in sin. My children, that first day (of chastisement) will not take away anything from the three others (the 3-Day Chastisement) already pointed out and described.

That particular day was revealed to My servant, Catherine (Laboure), in the apparitions of My Blessed Mother under the name (title), 'Mary Conceived Without Sin'. That day is (also) recorded in five well-sealed rolls of Sister St. Peter of Tours. That roll will remain a secret until the day when a person of God will lay her predestined hand on that which the world will have ignored, including even the inhabitants of that cloister.” ("Prophecies of La Fraudais of Marie-Julie Jahenny", pp. 50-51)"

"Ven. Elizabeth Canori-Mora (d. 1825)
"St. Peter then chose the new pope. The Church was again organized..."

"... the sky was covered with clouds so dense and dismal that it was impossible to look at them without dismay... the avenging arm of God will strike the wicked, and in his mighty power he will punish their pride and presumption. God will employ the powers of hell for the extermination of these impious and heretical persons who desire to overthrow the Church and destroy it's foundation. .... Innumerable legions of demons shall overrun the earth and shall execute the orders of Divine Justice... Nothing on the earth shall be spared. After this frightful punishment I saw the heavens opening, and St. Peter coming down again upon earth; he was vested in his pontifical robes, and surrounded by a great number of angels, who were chanting hymns in his honor, and they proclaimed him as sovereign of the earth. I saw also St. Paul descending upon the earth. By God's command, he traversed the earth and chained the demons, whom he brought before St. Peter, who commanded them to return into hell, whence they had come.

"Then a great light appeared upon the earth which was the sign of the reconciliation of God with man. The angels conducted before the throne of the prince of the Apostles the small flock that had remained faithful to Jesus Christ. These good and zealous Christians testified to him the most profound respect, praising God and thanking the Apostles for having delivered them from the common destruction, and for having protected the Church of Jesus Christ by not permitting her to be infected with the false maxims of the world. St. Peter then chose the new pope. The Church was again organized..." (Prophecy of Ven. Elizabeth Canori-Mora (d. 1825) as recorded in Fr. Culleton's book The Prophets and Our Times 1941 A.D. Imprimatur) "

http://www.3daysofdarkness.com/
Website disclaimer: Siri thesis supporters
Three Days Of Darkness?

Absolutely true Prophecy.

I have Blessed St. Benedict Metals for my windows and Blessed Beeswax Candles and all. It fits with a number of scenarios of The Apocalypse and can be explained as a phenomena associated with certain celestial events that could be soon unfolding.

Be ready!  :pray:
Perhaps, but not from this site - supporting the Siri hypothesis nonsense.