For Traditionalists, the Insults Will Continue Until Morale Improves (1P5)
My question is: is there a reverent Novus Ordo mass to be found? I bet, but I think they're in the minority - much rarer than the EF mass.
(05-03-2017, 08:50 PM)GRA Wrote: My question is: is there a reverent Novus Ordo mass to be found? I bet, but I think they're in the minority - much rarer than the EF mass.
EWTN's televised Novus Ordo is reverent, and once a month, close to where I live, a Carmelite nun has a priest come into her monastery to offer a reverent OF (bells, Latin, no EMHCs, no altar girls, no watered down hymns, etc.).
Have faith! Catholicism will be restored to its former lustre. We will once more have a glorious Papacy, with both temporal and spiritual powers. Once more Protestants will convert in droves, and heretics will flee from our Churches when we again bind ourselves to the sacred tradition.

One great saint is all we really need to destroy modernism, vanquish Islam, and restore Christendom. A saint in the mould of Gregory the Great, Urban II, Francis of Assisi, or Pius X could, channeling the power of God, work wonders even today unforeseen.

If one saint could do all of those things (and Deo Gratias, one saint can), imagine perhaps hundreds and thousands of saints, faithful to the traditions of the Church, ever-praying for the Pope and the hierarchy, yet never overstepping the natural boundaries between laity and clergy (thus ensuring the Church does not become a laicized democracy, which is exactly what the Freemasons, Women "Priests", Protestants, and others want). And for those that go on into the priesthood and religious life, even better! Once more the hierarchy will be filled with those with incredible zeal for the faith! We will one day have a Pope that we can have supreme confidence in - another Crusader pope, with both temporal and spiritual authority.

Yes, it will be difficult. But if we had another Saint like Thomas Aquinas, we could seriously put the Vatican II controversy to rest, in the same way that Aquinas settled the controversy between Platonists and Aristotelians. Ask God to send saints, and ask God to make you a saint, too. Pray for the hierarchy, do not abandon them, and show even wretches like Paul VI and perhaps our present Pope the utmost respect (perhaps by not calling them "wretches" - I do not know  :) ). Christopher Ferrara says that we should live as though Vatican II never even happened - I believe this is sound advice to follow until the Church resolves the controversy of Vatican II, whether by repealing it, amending it, re-convoking the council, or something. God, however, (there is no doubt) will fix this.

Now, let us pray for Pope Michael of Kansas, the true Holy Father, and for the antipope Francis to step down, paving the way for a glorious new era!  :LOL:
Quote:My question is: is there a reverent Novus Ordo mass to be found? I bet, but I think they're in the minority - much rarer than the EF mass.

I'm not sure if you're in the area, but Chicago has two that I know of:  St. John Cantius and St. Mary of Perpetual Help.  I know the pastors personally at St Mary; they are incredibly pious men.  You're right, though, that reverent Novus Ordo masses are in the minority.

Quote:Have faith! Catholicism will be restored to its former lustre. We will once more have a glorious Papacy, with both temporal and spiritual powers. Once more Protestants will convert in droves, and heretics will flee from our Churches when we again bind ourselves to the sacred tradition.

I don't like to be pessimistic, but what makes you so sure?  Is there anything about our present crisis that suggests that there will be a period of restoration instead of being The Big One[sup]TM[/sup] that occurs before the Second Coming?