Orthodox Rosary
There's a version I have that is pretty cool, with dual Slavonic/English translation. I'll try to pull it up and post it when I've got time.  Personally I don't use it, but it's interesting, and if it gets you praying regularly than go for it.

As for Ignatius Brianchaninov,he was one of those ultra strict severe types.  I prefer the less polemical and severe amongst both Orthodox and Catholics.  And as far as crazies go there are plenty in Orthodoxy as well.
I like polemics and ultra-strict severe types, but highlighting those things was not my intent in linking that article. I was merely trying to find something that answered the question that was asked.

fb, have you ever encountered someone who prayed an Orthodox Rosary?
(05-03-2017, 05:14 PM)ermy_law Wrote: I like polemics and ultra-strict severe types, but highlighting those things was not my intent in linking that article. I was merely trying to find something that answered the question that was asked.

fb, have you ever encountered someone who prayed an Orthodox Rosary?

I actually have not ever encountered anyone who prayed the Orthodox Rosary. I think in general what aquinas138 sis is correct, that there was some cross fertilization going on between East and West in areas with East/West allegiances. Most of us Easterners get our Marian devotion through the prayerbooks,the liturgies or the Canons and Akathists. I think the fact that this Orthodox Rosary is so little known is probably because it never really caught on.

If I pray Marian prayers on my rope it's usually just me saying "Virgin Mother of God Rejoice, Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,for thousands has born Christ, the savior and deliverer of our souls" followed by the Jesus Prayer.
I'm interested in the "Optina 500" - the cell rule of the monks of the Optina monastery, which you can read here. It's a lot, but in addition to a rigorous prayer rope regimen, you read the whole psalter every 20 days and the whole New Testament every 89 days. Just adopting one part of it would be great!