Has this happened to any of you?
The Sacred Heart is a lovely devotion, so if you feel called to do it, then do! I feel I should be more involved. I'd love to be able to live in a location with daily TLM so that I can do the First Fridays (and First Saturdays) devotion.

My daily devotions consist of the Rosary, wearing the Brown Scapular and reading Scripture (I've also started reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church as well). I also try and practice the Chaplet of the Infant Jesus of Prague and the Seven Sorrows of Our Lady, but don't always have time to get them done. Sometimes if I have to walk somewhere I will say the Rosary of the Holy Wounds and the Divine Mercy chaplet.
(05-04-2017, 08:24 PM)MichaelNZ Wrote: The Sacred Heart is a lovely devotion, so if you feel called to do it, then do! I feel I should be more involved. I'd love to be able to live in a location with daily TLM so that I can do the First Fridays (and First Saturdays) devotion.
Is there a reason you don't want to do it via the OF?

I'm going to pray about this throughout the month and, once I've given it a lot of thought, consider consecrating myself to the Sacred Heart on the first Friday next month (the month of the Sacred Heart). That way, if I am able to make the nine First Fridays, they will coincide with my consecration day. :)

I made some form of consecration of the Sacred Heart way back when I said some Green Scapular prayers, but the consecration I'm looking at is specifically to the Sacred Heart and in that context, not in the context of the Green Scapular.

I want to make sure it's a very serious and permanent commitment.
I was visiting a local monastery for Mass today and walked into a room full of her stuff for sale. She had a book on the Sacred Heart, one of the few items she had there that she specifically said was on sale. She gave me and my mom Scapular Medals (with the Sacred Heart on one side), which the priest blessed after Mass. She also had these gorgeous Sacred Heart and Immaculate Heart statues that my mom got for me, which was really sweet of her.

I don't think it's a coincidence how smoothly and quickly all of these things have been falling into place. :)