Does anyone have any info on the Kolbe Immaculata School in Pequannock, NJ?
We're seriously considering this school for our daughter.  Does anyone have any info on this school?  Their website doesn't have a lot of information, unfortunately.  We've heard that it's a homeschool program of sorts - is that true?

Here's their website:

http://www.olfchapel.org/School/school.htm

Thank you.
Well, if it's affiliated with Kolbe Academy, then it's very possible they use a homeschool curriculum to deliver the schooling. If that's the case, it's a classical approach to education, which is quite different in scope and sequence to what you'd find in public schools and probably most Catholic schools these days, but it's a solid and time-honoured tradition in education. If you google "classical education catholic" you'll get a number of good articles to familiarize yourself with the philosophy.

We tend to think of education as this monolithic entity, when really there are several main philosophical and pedagogical "trunks" with literally hundreds of branches. Classical education is one such philosophy.

Why don't you try giving them a call on Monday?
(05-07-2017, 03:49 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: Well, if it's affiliated with Kolbe Academy, then it's very possible they use a homeschool curriculum to deliver the schooling. If that's the case, it's a classical approach to education, which is quite different in scope and sequence to what you'd find in public schools and probably most Catholic schools these days, but it's a solid and time-honoured tradition in education. If you google "classical education catholic" you'll get a number of good articles to familiarize yourself with the philosophy.

We tend to think of education as this monolithic entity, when really there are several main philosophical and pedagogical "trunks" with literally hundreds of branches. Classical education is one such philosophy.

Why don't you try giving them a call on Monday?

Thanks, PrairieMom.  Yea, my wife called them today and left a message.  Hopefully they'll get back to us tomorrow.
Hello,

Perhaps, someone is interested in applying, I can share the contact details and the correct application letter sample, because the school has specific requirements. My granddaughter is studying there now. And I started my career as a teacher there. Just reminded me of the routine school days with 5-6 classes per day and lesson plans. I did try to be a good teacher, but who knows, perhaps I could continue working there but for my diagnosis...  It's nostalgic and I feel like I want to continue teaching. They do invite me to participate in certain events though or write my essay/speech and share my observations about today's religion; and I do appreciate that.