Church Militant - Apparition of St. Michael
I wouldn't bother with the YouTube comments section in general (something I need to make a habit of avoiding because of the ignorant Protestant comments). Same old regurgitated "Catholics are wrong because of this thing I believe in because of an isolated reading of Scripture with no centralized authority to tell me if I'm right or wrong, ignoring the Church who gave me the Bible in the first place."

"Popes Ask Laity to Pray St. Michael Prayer

by Bradley Eli, M.Div., Ma.Th.  •  ChurchMilitant.com  •  May 8, 2017    6 Comments
Pope John Paul II: "I ask everyone not to forget it and to recite it to obtain help in the battle"

After receiving a terrifying vision in 1884 of the diabolical forces ready to be unleashed upon the world, Pope Leo XIII penned the prayer to St. Michael and ordered it to be said after all low (not sung) Masses in the Latin rite. The St. Michael prayer was part of what was called the Leonine prayers. These were sidelined by the liturgical revolution in the sixties.

In 1994, Pope St. John Paul II took notice of this lapse and asked that the prayer again be recited. On April 28 of that year after his Angelus blessing in the Vatican John Paul II said:

Pope Leo XIII certainly had a very vivid recollection of this scene when, at the end of the last century, he introduced a special prayer to St. Michael throughout the Church. 'St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.' Although today this prayer is no longer recited at the end of Mass, I ask everyone not to forget it and to recite it to obtain help in the battle against the forces of darkness and against the spirit of this world.

The St. Michael prayer, composed by Pope Leo XIII on October 13, 1884, which was exactly 33 years before the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima, reads:

Saint Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into Hell, Satan and all the other evil spirits, who prowl throughout the world, seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Roughly 10 years after this prayer was no longer recited in each parish after Mass, Blessed Pope Paul VI would acknowledge the victories that Satan and his forces were having over the Church. In a June 29, 1972 homily, Paul VI would warned:

[F]rom some fissure the smoke of Satan has entered the temple of God. There is doubt, incertitude, problematic [sic], disquiet, dissatisfaction, confrontation. There is no longer trust of the Church; they trust the first profane prophet who speaks in some journal or some social movement, and they run after him and ask him if he has the formula of true life.  And we are not alert to the fact that we are already the owners and masters of the formula of true life. Doubt has entered our consciences, and it entered by windows that should have been open to the light.  Science exists to give us truths that do not separate from God, but make us seek him all the more and celebrate him with greater intensity; instead, science gives us criticism and doubt.

Saint Michael, pray for us!"

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/arti...-than-ever
(05-08-2017, 07:21 PM)In His Love Wrote: I wouldn't bother with the YouTube comments section in general (something I need to make a habit of avoiding because of the ignorant Protestant comments). Same old regurgitated "Catholics are wrong because of this thing I believe in because of an isolated reading of Scripture with no centralized authority to tell me if I'm right or wrong, ignoring the Church who gave me the Bible in the first place."

Like I said in a different thread when this came up:

Quote:Nooooooooo, don't be that way, I beg you! You don't have to get into arguments or even debates. Or even conversations! Spot the lie, post a simple rebuttal (if that) and a link to a page with more information, and then walk away and forget about it! Those of good will will check it out; those of bad will won't; and you won't have to break a sweat! But don't leave them in their ignorance -- and, most of all, write for the potentially hundreds or thousands reading your comment!

We MUST fight back! A list of links can be found here, in the sub-section "Fight Back With Information!":  http://www.fisheaters.com/evangelizing.html  Keep those links in a text file on your desktop, open it up, copy-paste the revelant one(s) into a comment, and post. Takes seconds and could have profound, life-changing effects on hundreds of people!

And in response to someone who said  "I used to enjoy apologetic discussions, but I'm feeling uneasy about it now with Pope Francis at the helm and the issues Amoris Laetitia have exposed. :/ "

Quote:Don't give Francis and bad Bishops that power! I have a page that explains the problems! Make your comment and add a warning about the state of the Church along with this URL:  http://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalcat...sm101.html

Ex.:  "No, Catholics don't worship statues. That is just silly. See http://www.fisheaters.com/statues.html  (Though *traditional* Catholic teaching is true, the human element of the Church is in a bad state right now. This page explains that problem:  http://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalcat...sm101.html )"

Don't chump out, guys! Seriously. We are in a battle for souls and for the restoration of Christendom! If the Crusaders could march hundreds and hundreds of miles to physically battle with Muslims who wanted to chop off their heads, the least we can do is, from the comfort of our cushy chairs, make a post, esp. when doing so simply entails slapping up a link. We owe this to our ancestors -- and, more importantly, to our children and grand-children!

On a personal note, I started this website precisely because I was doing online evangelizing. I used PalTalk, a chat software that allowed me to set up a virtual room which I used to answer questions about the Faith. Prots and others would come in and have at me for hours -- the same thing over and over and over again. Statues, worshiping Mary, whore of Babylon, blah blah blah.  I got sick of it and quickly realized that only, say, 10% actually listened or wanted to learn, and most of them had the same questions. So instead of wasting my time arguing with people and getting repeatedly beaten up, I set up this site so people who actually wanted to learn something could go to Google, find this place, and get answers. Don't let all that work go to waste LOL
I don't have a YouTube account to respond to the commenters with. It's not that I'm trying to chump out; it's just really annoying to read. Since I don't have many social media accounts, I just want to get into the habit of not reading that junk.
The Easter prayer Regina Coeli (“Queen of Heaven” in Latin) is a wonderful tribute to our Lord’s resurrection and to the Blessed Virgin Mary (pictured in her Coronation at left). Although its origins are unknown, it dates back to the 13th century.

The Regina Coeli is one of four antiphons (short liturgical texts sung or chanted, often as seen below, in a responsorial pattern) dedicated to Our Lady. It is often sung as a hymn and has had numerous musical settings in its original Latin text, including several by Mozart.

Traditionally, it is prayed standing, often at noon, in place of another well-known prayer, the Angelus, during the Easter Season from Holy Saturday until Pentecost.

Queen of Heaven, rejoice. Alleluia.
For He, whom thou wast worthy to bear. Alleluia.
Has risen as He said. Alleluia.
Pray for us to God. Alleluia.
V. Rejoice and be glad, O Virgin Mary. Alleluia.
R. Because the Lord is truly risen, Alleluia.

Let us pray
O God, Who by the Resurrection of Thy Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, hast been pleased to give joy to the whole world, grant we beseech Thee, that through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, His Mother, we may attain the joys of eternal life. Through the same Christ, our Lord. Amen.

According to The Golden Legend, a famous 13th century work about the saints, Pope St. Gregory the Great heard angels singing the first three verses from the Regina Coeli during a procession in the 6th century and was inspired to add the fourth line “Ora pro nobis deum” (“pray for to us to God” in Latin). Although this story is itself considered to be a legend, it is, as Father Herbert Thurston once put it in his book Familiar Prayers, “inseparably associated with the Regina Coeli.”

This prayer reminds us at Easter, and throughout the year for that matter, of how much we have to be thankful for, even in the midst of our daily trials. When our Lord conquered death in His resurrection he opened the gates of Heaven for us to be able to share Eternal Life with Him there, along with his Mother, the saints, and our loved ones!

Christ had prophesied of His rising from the dead during his Earthly ministry, yet His disciples couldn’t fully grasp what He meant until after His Resurrection. Imagine the joy they must have felt when He appeared to them then. They saw for themselves that “He has risen, as he said,” as we read in Matthew’s Gospel (28:6) and in the Regina Coeli above!

In addition, when Jesus said to St. John while on the cross “Behold, your Mother” (John 19:27), He was referring to Mary not just as the beloved disciple's mother but as the mother of all Christians, that is to say our mother as well, as has been noted by theologians over the centuries. We can thank our Blessed Mother for her crucial role in our salvation as our mediator with Him.

As St. Bernard once said “the Eternal Father, wishing to show all the mercy possible, besides giving us Jesus Christ, our principal advocate with Him, was pleased to give us Mary, as our advocate with Jesus.” And in the words of St. Augustine, because Mary gave “flesh to the divine Word,” as the Mother of God, for our redemption, “she is more powerful than all others to help us gain eternal life.”

Although she is Queen of Heaven, the Blessed Virgin Mary is by no means aloof! St. Alphonsus Liguori, in his famous work The Glories of Mary, quotes Blessed Amadeus as saying “our Queen is constantly before the Divine Majesty, interceding for us with her most powerful prayers.”

We can always count on her assistance with the graces we need for our journey towards heaven if we approach her in prayers such as the Hail Mary, the Memorare, Hail Holy Queen, and the Regina Coeli with love and contrition for our sins.

Keep in mind that in our prayers to Mary, we are not worshipping her instead of our Lord but rather worshipping Him through her, as many theologians, such as St. Alphonus and St. Louis de Montfort have stressed in their writings.

Along these lines, speaking of rejoicing, as we do in this prayer, as St. Ambrose once said, “let the soul of Mary be in each of us to magnify the Lord, and the spirit of Mary be in each of us to rejoice in God!”

http://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/regina-coeli.html
I visited the Cave (Santuario di San Michele Arcangelo) at Gargano Park last year in May. Unfortunately, there was a class trip there as well and it was SUPER loud because no one seems to tell children that they're in a sacred place and to be quiet. I was very saddened by this.