An agreement
A key Vatican official has confirmed that the traditionalist Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) can be reconciled with the Holy See, if its leaders accept a doctrinal statement.

Archbishop Guido Pozzo, the secretary of the Ecclesia Dei commission, which is handling talks with the SSPX, said that the next step is up to the traditionalist group. “The reconciliation will occur when Monsignor Fellay [the SSPX superior] formally adheres to the doctrinal declaration that the Holy See presented to him,” he said.

Reports have circulated in Rome for several months that the Vatican is prepared to offer the SSPX the status of a personal prelature, with the only remaining condition being the acceptance of the doctrinal statement. In March, Archbishop Pozzo would allow traditionalists to continue questioning the interpretation of some disputed Vatican II documents.

The archbishop said that although the climate in talks between the Vatican and the SSPX is very positive, he could not predict when an agreement will be reached.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=31550
I wish they'd tell us what the doctrinal statement is!
Very grateful for this update Poche and grateful to hear if anyone else has any further news or insights into this.
(05-12-2017, 04:19 PM)Steven Wrote: I wish they'd tell us what the doctrinal statement is!

I have it on good authority that the statement reads, very simply, as follows: "modernism rules, tradition drools."
Time to dig out my rosary.
(05-12-2017, 04:19 PM)Steven Wrote: I wish they'd tell us what the doctrinal statement is!

It wouldn't be different than what is in the Nicene Creed.
When asked about the status of negotiations with the Society of St. Pius X, the Pope said that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is studying a document.

“The relations are fraternal,” the Pope continued. “With Msgr. Fellay I have a good rapport. I’ve spoken many times… I don’t like to hurry things. Walk. Walk. Walk. And then we’ll see. For me, it’s not an issue of winners and losers, it’s an issue of brothers who must walk together, looking for a formula to make steps forward.”

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=31569

The Holy Father doesn't sound like he is an enemy of Catholic Tradition of the SSPX.
:) :) :)
This story had me very surprised to see just how much one's bias can influence how one present information.

Catholic Culture presented the headline thus : Reconciliation of SSPX depends only on doctrinal statement, Vatican official says suggesting some agreement is possibly imminent and down to acceptance of a doctrinal formula. It the proceeds to quote Msgr. Pozzo and shortly explain.

Where as Michael Voris with his slush fund from the rabidly anti-SSPX Opus Dei supernumerary Terry Carroll put out this headline : VATICAN OFFICIAL: SSPX MUST SIGN DOCTRINAL DECLARATION heavily suggesting there's some kind of ultimatum from the Holy See. Then the author proceeds to trot out the 2009 letter of Benedict XVI saying the SSPX has no legitimate ministry, making this the largest section and focus of the article.

It's an interesting study in journalistic bias.
(05-17-2017, 10:17 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Where as Michael Voris with his slush fund from the rabidly anti-SSPX Opus Dei supernumerary Terry Carroll put out this headline : VATICAN OFFICIAL: SSPX MUST SIGN DOCTRINAL DECLARATION heavily suggesting there's some kind of ultimatum from the Holy See. Then the author proceeds to trot out the 2009 letter of Benedict XVI saying the SSPX has no legitimate ministry, making this the largest section and focus of the article.
I'm not an SSPX person, but I do think that Michael needs to just calm down sometimes. Vortex after Vortex of negative stuff has to take some kind of toll. I find some of the articles interesting and some of the Downloads (and occasionally the Vortex) entertaining, but overall, there's just too much of this kind of negativity for my personal taste. EWTN will tell you about the horrible things going on in the culture of death, but they'll also tell you the beautiful things Catholics are doing around the world, what various apparitions were all about, the lives of the Saints, etc.. I think they need to take a page out of Mother Angelica's book and criticize the obviously problematic things (a woman portraying Jesus, watered down teachings that could confuse people, etc), and then show all the wonderful things about our Faith in the meantime. Granted, they do more of those sorts of things for people with a Premium membership (I know they have programs about the Popes and the importance of good liturgical music), but I don't have that.