Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(05-15-2017, 09:54 PM)GangGreen Wrote: Even if the NO is as you say valid, but illicit I fail to see how it's a mortal sin to attend or offer one if the priest and lay person believe it to be valid and licit. The Church proclaims it so, therefore a priest or lay person have no reason to believe it to be invalid so the conditions for sin cannot hold.

Your post comes off as very subjectivist. I find fault with the idea that a man won't be held culpable for committing the mortal sin of sacrilege unless he knows that what he is doing is sacrilegious. The reason I I find fault with this is because it is unimaginable to me that the Holy Ghost or a person's Guardian Angel would not try and inspire a Catholic to avoid something so displeasing to God as is, for example, Communion in the hand. To the extent that a Catholic resists such inspirations they are guilty of sin. Traditional Catholics have made a fair amount of noise over the last 50 years. Many Catholics in the Novus Ordo are aware that we are claiming to preserve a liturgy that is more pleasing to God and that better preserves and expresses the Catholic faith. If a person in the Novus Ordo comes across our claims and doesn't prayerfully investigate the matter, then their omission to do so is evidence of a serious contempt of God.

Your claim that the "Church proclaims it so" is false as the Church has dogmatically and infallibly proclaimed that no pastor, whomsoever, can change the received and approved rites into other new ones. 
'If you succeed in bringing a single soul to heaven, what charity! what a gain! what glory to God!'

St. Paul of the Cross

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by St. Camillus - 05-15-2017, 10:39 PM