Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(05-15-2017, 10:39 PM)St. Camillus Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 09:54 PM)GangGreen Wrote: Even if the NO is as you say valid, but illicit I fail to see how it's a mortal sin to attend or offer one if the priest and lay person believe it to be valid and licit. The Church proclaims it so, therefore a priest or lay person have no reason to believe it to be invalid so the conditions for sin cannot hold.

Your post comes off as very subjectivist. I find fault with the idea that a man won't be held culpable for committing the mortal sin of sacrilege unless he knows that what he is doing is sacrilegious. The reason I I find fault with this is because it is unimaginable to me that the Holy Ghost or a person's Guardian Angel would not try and inspire a Catholic to avoid something so displeasing to God as is, for example, Communion in the hand. To the extent that a Catholic resists such inspirations they are guilty of sin.

It's not subjectivist, it's what the Church teaches, one must have full knowledge of the offense for it to constitute a mortal sin, basic stuff. As for these "inspirations," there is no way of knowing if these individuals receive them, or if they comprehend them.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by Florus - 05-15-2017, 10:49 PM