Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
I say nothing one way or the other, but I think many would agree that the following, is interesting.

Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich's (d.1824) mystical vision of a new Church and a new Liturgy to come:

“I saw a strange church being built against every rule…No angels were supervising the building operations... In that church, nothing came from high above…There was only division and chaos. It is probably a church of human creation, following the latest fashion, as well as the new heterodox Church of Rome, which seems of the same kind…”I saw again the strange big church that was being built there (in Rome). There was nothing holy in it. ...All in this church belonged to the earth, returned to the earth. All was dead, the work of human skill, a church of the latest style, a church of man’s invention like the new heterodox church in Rome.”....“I saw again the new and odd-looking Church which they were trying to build.... People were kneading bread in the crypt below… but it would not rise, nor did they receive the body of Our Lord, but only bread. Those who were in error, through no fault of their own, and who piously and ardently longed for the Body of Jesus were spiritually consoled, but not by their communion. Then, my Guide [Jesus] said: ‘THIS IS BABEL.’ [The Mass in many languages].”....“I saw deplorable things... in church..... All sorts of abominations were perpetrated there. Priests allowed everything and said Mass with much irreverence... I saw that few of them were still godly, and only a few had sound views on things. ....

"I see many excommunicated ecclesiastics who do not seem to be concerned about it, nor even aware of it. Yet, they are (ipso facto) excommunicated whenever they cooperate to [sic] enterprises, enter into associations, and embrace opinions on which an anathema has been cast. It can be seen thereby that God ratifies the decrees, orders, and interdictions issued by the Head of the Church, and that He keeps them in force even though men show no concern for them, reject them, or laugh them to scorn."

Then, I saw that everything that pertained to Protestantism was gradually gaining the upper hand, and the Catholic religion fell into complete decadence... I now see that in this place (Rome) the (Catholic) Church is being so cleverly undermined, that there hardly remain a hundred or so priests who have not been deceived. They all work for destruction, even the clergy. A great devastation is now near at hand....“I saw that many pastors allowed themselves to be taken up with ideas that were dangerous to the Church. They were building a great, strange, and extravagant Church. Everyone was to be admitted in it in order to be united and have equal rights: Evangelicals, Catholics, sects of every description. Such was to be the new Church…But God had other designs…” (Source: The Life of Anne Catherine Emmerich – Carl E. Schmoeger)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by BC - 05-16-2017, 08:25 AM