Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(05-16-2017, 08:30 AM)In His Love Wrote: Thank you, Jeeter. :)

(05-16-2017, 08:25 AM)BC Wrote: I saw again the new and odd-looking Church which they were trying to build.... People were kneading bread in the crypt below… but it would not rise, nor did they receive the body of Our Lord, but only bread.
This can't be applied to the Novus Ordo. The Eucharist is legitimately confected at the Novus Ordo.

http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/index.p...=3471297.0

I think it could.  At the very least there is legitimate doubt whether at every N.O. the Eucharist is being legitimately confected.  Prescinding from the topic of the validity of the priest offering it due to grievously unwarranted tampering of the ordinal rite post Vatican II, in the New Mass, the following prayer replaces the Suscipe, Sancta Pater:

"Blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation. Through your goodness we have this bread to offer, which earth has given and human hands have made. It will become for us the bread of life."

Michael Davies, in his book, Liturgical Revolution (Vol. 3), p.320, explained:

"This prayer is a combination of a prayer taken from the Jewish meal ritual and the concept of man’s work consecrated to the Lord, an idea which the Pope himself wanted to be expressed in some way at this point in the Mass.. . . this prayer is thus acceptable not simply to Protestants, but to Jews and would certainly fit in with the ethos of a Masonic hall."

The Talmudic Touch: THE REAL STORY OF THE OFFERTORY'S REPLACEMENT

http://catholictradition.org/Eucharist/roman-mass4.htm

The falsifying of the Mysterium Fidei as it was defined by "De Defectibus" issued in 1570 also presents problems.

Cardinal Alfredo Ottaviani, Head of the Holy Office, wrote in 1969:

Notes 29.As they appear in the context of the Novus Ordo, the words of Consecration could be valid in virtue of the priest's intention. But since their validity no longer comes from the force of the sacramental words themselves (ex vi verborum)--or more precisely, from the meaning (modus significandi) the old rite of the Mass gave to the formula--the words of Consecration in the New Order of Mass[i] could also not be valid. Will priests in the near future, who receive no traditional formation and who rely on the Novus Ordo for the intention of "doing what the Church does," validly consecrate at Mass? One may be allowed to doubt it. [/i] (The Ottaviani Intervention)

Priests formed in the Novus Ordo are not taught the mass as defined by Trent and given that the the Mass's sacrificial nature has been hollowed out in the N.O. , have not a true conception of what it is supposed to be. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by BC - 05-16-2017, 11:59 AM