Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(05-16-2017, 04:36 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: The prophecy about the bread that does not rise is distinct from the one about the invalid Eucharist--unfortunately Yves Dupont spliced them together in his famous book.  The first related to the actual Masonic lodge that had been established in Rome alongside these events and their naturalistic principles and the second explicitly to non-Catholic communities.
This makes sense. Also, the one about the bread that does not rise, if it could even remotely be tied to the Eucharist, would have to apply to those rites that use leavened bread. Most Catholic churches use bread that does not rise to begin with.

As for your point about doubtful confection of the Eucharist, BC, as long as the (validly ordained) priest uses the right matter and says, "This is my body"...as for the chalice:

"Disputes regarding the validity of the Novus Ordo form center on the words of consecration of the wine, not the bread. Theologians since the Middle Ages have debated what constitutes the essential form for the consecration of the chalice. Some argue that "This is the chalice of my blood" is sufficient, while others maintain that the rest of the form is necessary. Scholars themselves dispute what Aquinas's exact position on this matter was. "

https://www.catholicculture.org/culture/...ecnum=6386

I don't think it's a good idea spiritually to think of the OF as doubtful with regard to consecrations of the Host and chalice unless you see a priest intentionally using a cookie or something and saying whatever he wants at the Consecration.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is it inherently scandalous to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by In His Love - 05-16-2017, 10:16 PM