Refugees in Germany Converting to Christianity Despite Death Threats
I too cannot accept that the same Gabriel that brought news of the Incarnation to the Theotokos is the same angel that brought a new revelation to Muhammed that contradicted it,and which had God Himself saying He had no Son and basically that Muslims were not to make friends with Christians and Jews.

At heart Islam is a sociopolitical worldview, and Muhammed is the exemplar. He was basically an honest merchant that was probably possessed. His violence was probably a little more restrained than many of the Arab nomads common in his time and place.  I still believe he was utterly sincere in believing he received a message from God,of course as a Christian I cannot believe it was real.

Honestly I do believe there are better forms of Islam than the Salafist version.

The reality is that Islam IS growing in influence in the west and we must learn to live with them.  The notion that they will suddenly convert en masse to a decrepit and dying Protestantism or post Vatican II Catholicism short of a literal miracle is out of the question.  If you think about it they weren't even convinced of Christianity by the Ancient Copts,Assyrians or Greeks so they must be harder to convert than some may think.

If you study Islam in depth you'll see that the idea of Tawhid (oneness)  pervades everything.  Trinitarianism or even the Incarnation goes against the very words of God Himself in the uncreated Quran.  This anti Trinitarian/anti Incarnation aspect of Islam is seriously in the very air a Muslim breathes from birth to death. 

The challenge of Islam to an insipid and anemic Christianity cannot be underestimated.

Christians and Muslims will never live side-by-side in piece. Either they subdue us or we fight back. There are no other options.
(05-19-2017, 09:11 AM)GangGreen Wrote: Christians and Muslims will never live side-by-side in piece. Either they subdue us or we fight back. There are no other options.

That's why it's suicidal to allow them to immigrate to the west end masse. The reality on the ground in places like western Europe is a growing Islamic influence and a decaying,insipid and dying Christianity.  Either there is a militant Christian revival or Julius Evola was right, Christianity should die and something else should take its place.  Right now the only hope I see for Europe is a coalition of the far right banding together to violently fight both Muslim immigrants and stomp out European liberals and secularists. France just voted against the far right so I don't know what options are left on the table. 

Right now I wouldn't want to be a citizen of Europe.
Well let's not forget that the National Front in France got 33.9% of the vote this time around. In 2012, only 17.9% in round 1 and didn't make it to round 2. There is an underground movement within France that's growing. We even see it with the traditional Catholic groups that are growing as well. I have no idea what will come of it, but there is some hope there. Either way, the situation in Europe is scary. I don't know if these small movements will spread quickly enough to turn the tide. The majority cities especially in all of the Western world are disgusting cesspools of secular liberalism. If terrorist attacks, rape, and whatever else doesn't change their views, then I don't know what will. Maybe the day when women are forced to wear hijabs and are regularly murdered in the street for indecency things will finally change.
(05-19-2017, 12:09 PM)GangGreen Wrote: Well let's not forget that the National Front in France got 33.9% of the vote this time around. In 2012, only 17.9% in round 1 and didn't make it to round 2. There is an underground movement within France that's growing. We even see it with the traditional Catholic groups that are growing as well. I have no idea what will come of it, but there is some hope there. Either way, the situation in Europe is scary. I don't know if these small movements will spread quickly enough to turn the tide. The majority cities especially in all of the Western world are disgusting cesspools of secular liberalism. If terrorist attacks, rape, and whatever else doesn't change their views, then I don't know what will. Maybe the day when women are forced to wear hijabs and are regularly murdered in the street for indecency things will finally change.

Thus far the elites and those in places of power have not been affected by the violence and chaos brought by liberal policies and Muslim immigration. Honestly I don't think Europe as we know it will survive the 21st century.  Something will take the place of the nation state and the European Union.  I tend to be more in agreement with thinkers like Dr. Matthew Raphael Johnson who think it ought to be divided by cultural, ethnic and religious lines,and that we ought to live by a sort of Sobornost anarchism. I haven't really thought it through in detail yet but some of his ideas really resonate with me, especially his  ideas about nation, culture and the role of the Church.

At this stage I think a compromise coalition of rightist groups need to work together.  This includes everyone from ethnic nationalists,right wing neo pagans,Trad Catholics,Orthodox and even secularists who want a turn to the right, and an end to irresponsible immigration policies and the nihilism of modern western culture.