Crucifix vs. Cross in the Home
(05-20-2017, 05:08 PM)Rick4367 Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 01:48 AM)Pacman Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 10:07 PM)Rick4367 Wrote: I had a non-catholic catholic ask me that she heard that a cross without a crucifix is a protestant thing. I have both in my house. Is this true? I have never heard that but was raised in novus ordo so I just want to make sure. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Culturally, I associate Catholicism with a crucifix which depicts Jesus' human form in a high level of detail including bloody wounds and musculature, and I associate Protestantism with a plain "Latin" cross. FWIW, I recommend you should get a blessed St Benedict Medal Crucifix to protect your home from demons.
I do have 2 St. Benedict Crucifixes in my house. One above our bed that we bought at the Vatican in 2011. One above the front door of our house. Neither are blessed, but I did have the whole house blessed when we first bought it. Is that enough? Or is that the same as consecrating the whole world but not specifically Russia?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Blessing of your home is extraordinarily wonderful. Good for you. Now, follow through and find a holy priest who will do the Benedictine Blessings on your extraordinary and beautiful Crucifixes!