How to carry a Rosary
(05-22-2017, 08:09 AM)Pacman Wrote: I would carry mine in one of my front pockets. I wouldn't wear it around my neck because it's not supposed to be a piece of jewelery.

The people who I know who wear it around their necks wear it as a sign of their profession of faith.
One of mine and one I'm holding onto to give to my boyfriend someday are in leather(?) pouches. I have another one in a small box and the other one is usually on my bedside table or on the bed itself. I usually have the one in the pouch inside my purse.
(05-22-2017, 06:24 PM)GRA Wrote: @ Justin & dahveed: There's a site called ruggedrosary.com. They sell rosaries that are quite durable; it's also the site where I purchased my pocket rosary. If you're not dead set on a full rosary for carry I suggest the single. Each rosary can be customized as well.

I make my own rosaries.
(05-22-2017, 09:29 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 06:24 PM)GRA Wrote: @ Justin & dahveed: There's a site called ruggedrosary.com. They sell rosaries that are quite durable; it's also the site where I purchased my pocket rosary. If you're not dead set on a full rosary for carry I suggest the single. Each rosary can be customized as well.

I am sure it would solve a tonne of problems, but the rosary I have has a lot of sentimental value to me. It was my great grandmother's and my grandfather gave it to me before he passed away.  This might be useful for friends and family though  :tiphat: :tiphat:

Oh no! How sad! They don't have a "Pope Francis, pray for us medal" !!!

Maybe we should be praying for him
(05-22-2017, 11:58 PM)Poche Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 08:09 AM)Pacman Wrote: I would carry mine in one of my front pockets. I wouldn't wear it around my neck because it's not supposed to be a piece of jewelery.

The people who I know who wear it around their necks wear it as a sign of their profession of faith.

The only folks I've seen wearing it around there necks are gang bangers
(05-23-2017, 12:58 PM)Jeeter Wrote:

I know a few men who wear them who are NOT gang bangers (one is an accountant turned pro-life activist).
(05-23-2017, 07:53 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:

I know a few men who wear them who are NOT gang bangers (one is an accountant turned pro-life activist).

Regional differences perhaps? I didn't mean that as a slap at someone who does wear a Rosary, btw.
(05-23-2017, 10:10 PM)Jeeter Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 07:53 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:

Regional differences perhaps? I didn't mean that as a slap at someone who does wear a Rosary, btw.

I think that the enemies of the Catholic Faith make that accusation of hooliganism  in order to justify their persecution of the Catholic people.
Actually, GRA, one of mine that I carry is their reproduction WWI rosary, with the Pardon crucifix, Miraculous Medal, and a St. Benedict medal. You're right. They're very sturdy. I'm very happy with it. My other one is a simple black one, but it has been touched to numerous relics, as well as a piece of the True Cross. I don't worry about the repro one, as it is really sturdy. Really, my challenge is that the case that holds my black rosary also has a small pocket piece like this: https://img1.etsystatic.com/106/1/597870...1_9qtl.jpg. It has St. Christopher on one side, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help on the other. I've carried it since childhood, but it does tear up rosary cases.

I see nothing wrong with wearing a rosary as long as you intend to use it and not just wear it for vanities sake. I usually keep one in my pocket and I have a cord one which I keep on my wrist just in case.