New Zealand Catholic guy looking for love
  • Name: Michael
  • Sex: Male
  • Age as of posting date: 32
  • Birthdate: 10 September
  • Patron Saint by Confirmation: Not sure, I think St Michael
  • Number of children: None
  • Would you relocate if you met the right person? Yes if I could find a job in that location (but not until the end of this year)
  • EF, SSPX, both, or other? Diocesan EF. Would consider SSPX if they were the only TLM in the area (or only sung TLM)
  • Novus Ordo if that's all there is? Yes
  • Introvert or extrovert? Introvert
  • Ethnic heritage: New Zealander of European descent
  • Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant? Unimportant
  • Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? Preferably not too much older than myself (5 years or so)
  • In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? There needs to be a serious reason to use it
  • What would the headship of the husband look like in your ideal home? I would be the head of the household but wouldn't be a tyrant
  • How do you feel about women working outside the home? Don't have a problem with it
  • How do you feel about women in pants? Prefer skirts/dresses but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker
  • Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you? Lust, greed and sloth
  • What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes? Stubborn perfectionist
  • What are the most important things you desire in a spouse? Devout Catholic who takes her faith seriously, loyalty, able to trust and be trusted
  • Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse? Heresy, breaking Church laws, disloyalty
  • What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex? Not to be a control freak
  • Political ideals: Conservative but I believe in helping those less fortunate
  • Education: College degree and 2 diplomas, working towards 2nd degree
  • Employment: College student studying IT
  • Health: Relatively good but overweight
  • Allergies: None that I know of
  • Smoke: Definitely not!
  • Drink: On occasion
  • Night owl or morning lark: Night owl. Have to push myself to get up each morning
  • How messy or disorganized are you? Quite messy but can be organised
  • What are the little things that please or delight you? Romantic gestures
  • What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? Living in America (New York preferably) with a good job and family
  • Intellectual interests: Playing bridge
  • Hobbies: Writing fiction, photography
  • Talents: Good memory (for some things at least)
  • Top 5 favorite books of all time: The Bible
  • The last 5 books you read (don't lie!): The Great Facade by Christopher Ferrara, some of the 20 Answers series by Catholic Answers
  • Music you actually listen to most often: Classical
  • Favorite movies/TV shows: Star Wars, crime shows like Castle, Major Crimes, Elementary
  • Favorite foods: Pizza, fast food
  • Serious pet peeves: Not sure
  • Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with: I have a cat currently, I wouldn't mind a dog, but under no circumstances would I tolerate a tarantula!
  • Idea of a romantic evening: Nice dinner and maybe a movie
You can tolerate tarantulas mate. All they do is spend their entire lives waiting for food to approach their burrows and looking for mates...like people on this forum. Plus they have pretty colors and gorgeous fangs!
(05-25-2017, 10:08 PM)Sequentia Wrote: You can tolerate tarantulas mate. All they do is spend their entire lives waiting for food to approach their burrows and looking for mates...like people on this forum. Plus they have pretty colors and gorgeous fangs!
Speaking of!

You know that normally spiders gross and creep me out big time and I would run out of a room if I saw a big one.

I found a spider I think is really, really cute! It's called the peacock spider.

[Image: sddefault.jpg]

It has fun colors and it dances! Lookit its googly eyes and beard!
Good for you, Michael, for posting here on looking for a good woman.  I wish you luck.  You never know how this may turn out!  Be patient.
More information:

Sex: Male
General location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Ethnicity: New Zealander
Describe your personality: Kind of introverted
Your likes and dislikes: Likes: incense (the church kind), organ music, good books. Dislikes: People taking the Lord's Name in vain
Your hobbies and interests: Catholicism (love learning about the faith), web design, contract bridge, Toastmasters, playing games
Favorite food(s): Teriyaki chicken, KFC
Favorite music, television, films, etc.: Music: Classical, Gregorian chant, some pop. TV: Crime shows like Castle, Major Crimes, the CSI series, Elementary. Films: Star Wars, Indiana Jones
Any other information you'd like to share:

The Faith
Your favorite saint(s): St Michael, St Padre Pio
Your favorite devotion(s): The Rosary, Seven Dolors of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Where you currently assist at Mass: Local diocesan TLM
Where you would assist at Mass if you had your choice of the options: Either a Latin Mass parish with Missa Cantata or Missa Solemnis on Sunday and daily TLM, or a Byzantine Rite parish with Divine Liturgy in English
Describe your understanding of the sacrament of matrimony in regard to daily married life: Husband should be the breadwinner, wife should look after the children. Not opposed to wife working but childcare should be her primary responsibility
Describe your ideal family life, including jobs, children, family traditions, etc.: I'd like to have a 9-5 job and come home and relax. I'd have daily Rosary and family prayer time. Not sure about a television but if I did have one it definitely wouldn't be the centre of attention.

Your Future Spouse
Physical qualities you find attractive in a potential spouse: Long hair
Other qualities you look for in a potential spouse: Someone who is a devout Catholic, committed to the faith, loyal, loving and romantic.

And a picture
Click here (forum won't display the pic)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MichaelNZ's post:
  • saintjohnpaul2Iloveyouverymuch
Hi Michael,
It is really brave of you to post on this site. I also struggle to find a conservative Catholic to court./date. I attend TLM when I can, but I usually end up having to go to Novus Ordo. The Oblates of the Virgin Mary, have perpetual adoration at Saint Clement's Eucharistic shine and do a lovely Novus Ordo Mass. Saint Paul's in Cambridge MA has a famous boys choir and my youngest brother goes to school there. They do a high Novus Ordo Mass and it is quite beautiful. The best though is TLM at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross.

Have you tried Catholic Match before? I'm currently a member. What scandalizes me is that you had to put whether you agree with all The Church's teachings. I thought it would be a given if you are on a Roman Catholic dating website. There is an option for divorced Catholics to be on as well. I'm happy though because I can weed out anyone who is not a faithful Catholic.
On another note
I see you love KFC. If you decide to visit the USA you have to try Chik-Fila the place that sells the best chicken sandwich with a side of good Christian morals. It is even closed on sunday. I'm from Boston Massachusetts a three-hour drive to NYC, but the city is beautifully chaotic and home to the Metropolitan opera so I love it in small doses.