Roger Buck on Youtube
For those who may be interested . . . even if, alas, I feel so pressured at the moment that I can't find true time for this important forum.

Anyway, I was recently honoured to be interviewed by Professor Joseph Shaw of Oxford University in England and Chairman of the Latin Mass Society of England and Wales. 

This podcast is appearing on several sites, but here it is on my own YouTube channel:

[video=youtube] [/video]
Click to see at Amazon
[Image: charles-coulombe-120h.png]

Hear the FIRST CHAPTER on my YouTube Channel:

See my Three Books here at Amazon: viewauthor.at/RogerBuck
[-] The following 3 users Like Roger Buck's post:
  • Clare Brigid, MacPasquale, TruthWhichIsChrist
Ok - further  conversation between Professor Joseph Shaw of Oxford University  (also Chairman of the Latin Mass Society of England and Wales) and myself - about important things too few Catholics really fully get.

For we are in the midst of something like a 2nd Reformation . . . 

At any rate, I am very grateful that Dr Shaw _does_ get this and for the privilege of being interviewed by him. We also explore the reasons why the Latin Mass can be an antidote to the New Age.

I also talk about my time at the Findhorn Community which Fr. Malachi Martin once called the "Vatican City of the New Age Movement".

Dr Shaw has put this up in several places on the net, but here it is on my own YouTube channel. 

Click to see at Amazon

[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Buck's post:
  • HailGilbert
Thank you, Roger.  I was heavily involved in the Gurdjieff work before returning to the Catholic Church.
[-] The following 2 users Like Evangelium's post:
  • Roger Buck, TruthWhichIsChrist
Thank you, Roger, for putting this up. It is well needed in these trying times. Viva Christus Rex!
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes HailGilbert's post:
  • Roger Buck
"Protestant II" -- you should keep that, Roger.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Roger Buck
(03-13-2021, 11:05 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: "Protestant II" -- you should keep that, Roger.

Or maybe better Vox, "Protestant, too".  ; - )

Seriously, thank you and thank you HG and Evangelium for your supportive comments!

(Also would be interested to hear more of your own conversion Evangelium, from Gurdjieff to the Holy Church. Maybe you've spoken about it before here in which case you could just give me a link.)
Click to see at Amazon

Roger Buck Wrote:(Also would be interested to hear more of your own conversion Evangelium, from Gurdjieff to the Holy Church. Maybe you've spoken about it before here in which case you could just give me a link.)

It's a reversion story.  I'll keep it short.  I left the Catholic Church for the Gurdjieff work because I wanted to have "experiences."  I was also fascinated by Gurdjieff's teachings.  I belonged to two different, authentic Gurdjieff organizations, Willem Nyland's group and the Gurdjieff Foundation.  

I had plenty of experiences.  And I loved the Gurdjieff movements.  But I came to a crisis point when I came to realize that the Gurdjieff work was infiltrated with the demonic. When I confronted it, I was attacked by demons.  The demonic attack lasted about two months.  As an example, I had the sensation of my eye being gouged out.  Another time, in bed, I felt like a valve in my heart was being pinched.  I thought I would die that night.  I had a kind of vision of an animal, like a wolverine, attacking me.  It goes on and on.  So much happened to me that I would have to write a very lengthy account.

I turned for help to an old traditional Jesuit.  He put me in touch with a Monsignor who worked with the Archdiocesan exorcist.  He greatly helped me.  I returned to the Catholic Church and renounced the Gurdjieff work.
[-] The following 2 users Like Evangelium's post:
  • J Michael, PilgrimMichelangelo