Muslims Venerate Christ’s Footprint Where He Ascended (Church Militant)
"
by Bradley Eli, M.Div., Ma.Th.  •  ChurchMilitant.com  •  May 25, 2017    12 Comments
Muslims preserve a chapel sitting on the spot where Christ left His footprint in stone

Christians and Muslims venerate what all believe to be the very footprint made by Christ on the Mount of Olives when He ascended into Heaven 40 days after His resurrection.

The Chapel of the Ascension, a holy site for Christians and Muslims alike, was originally built in the fourth century by Catholics over the rock, which bears the impression of Christ's feet. This spot is located on the Mount of Olives where Jesus ascended into Heaven.

The chapel has been in the control of Muslims since the time of the Crusades. They repaired it and preserve it out of reverence, and even allow Christians to worship in it. Muslims are said to accept the reality of the Ascension as a historical fact."

More here, including a video:

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/arti...-ascension
It's not surprising, Muslims have a very high esteem for Jesus as a great prophet.
(06-02-2017, 07:57 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: It's not surprising, Muslims have a very high esteem for Jesus as a great prophet.
Too bad they don't believe He's God.
(06-02-2017, 07:57 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: It's not surprising, Muslims have a very high esteem for Jesus as a great prophet.

Many of the Shi'a in particular have a devotion of sorts to Mary.

(06-02-2017, 08:01 PM)In His Love Wrote:
Too bad they don't believe He's God.

Yep.
I've always wondered how the have a reverence for Christ when his words go against their religion? Do they believe that the Gospels provide an accurate account of his life?
Because if so, wouldn't Christ saying that he is God be blasphemous for them? And Christ saying that nobody comes to the Father except through Him really does not sound like somebody pointing to Mohamed. 
(06-03-2017, 12:57 PM)Florus Wrote: I've always wondered how the have a reverence for Christ when his words go against their religion? Do they believe that the Gospels provide an accurate account of his life?
Because if so, wouldn't Christ saying that he is God be blasphemous for them? And Christ saying that nobody comes to the Father except through Him really does not sound like somebody pointing to Mohamed.

They believe the Bible had been "corrupted" --- i.e. The Bible is a lie --- and the Koran is true.  So you cannot use Sacred Scripture in their religion, just like you can't use it with most Protestants.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • SaintJimmy
The problem is that Christ is not owed veneration (neither dulia nor hyperdulia) but worship (latria). So although this might seem like a positive step (pun intended), it is not.
(06-05-2017, 12:09 PM)Sanguis Christi Wrote: The problem is that Christ is not owed veneration (neither dulia nor hyperdulia) but worship (latria). So although this might seem like a positive step (pun intended), it is not.
I agree that He is owed more than what the Muslims give Him, but this could be work its way into a Muslim's heart and lead him toward the Faith. Venerable Fulton Sheen said the following about Our Lady and the Muslims: "I believe that the Blessed Virgin chose to be known as Our Lady of Fatima as a pledge and a sign of hope to the Muslim people, and as an assurance that they, who show her so much respect, will one day accept her Divine Son, too." It could happen with this event as well.
(06-05-2017, 02:33 PM)In His Love Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 12:09 PM)Sanguis Christi Wrote: The problem is that Christ is not owed veneration (neither dulia nor hyperdulia) but worship (latria). So although this might seem like a positive step (pun intended), it is not.
I agree that He is owed more than what the Muslims give Him, but this could be work its way into a Muslim's heart and lead him toward the Faith. Venerable Fulton Sheen said the following about Our Lady and the Muslims: "I believe that the Blessed Virgin chose to be known as Our Lady of Fatima as a pledge and a sign of hope to the Muslim people, and as an assurance that they, who show her so much respect, will one day accept her Divine Son, too." It could happen with this event as well.

May our Lord bring the words of the good Bishop to pass! 

(06-21-2017, 04:10 PM)That Little Lady Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 02:33 PM)In His Love Wrote:

May our Lord bring the words of the good Bishop to pass!
Amen!