The Brown Scapular
I just got invested in the Brown Scapular of Mount Carmel this morning after Mass. I have a question regarding the Little Office. What exactly am I supposed to pray? I found this website but it's confusing.
I can't help you with the Little Office, but you could ask a priest if you can pray the Rosary instead. That's what I did. You need a priest's permission first.
(06-25-2017, 12:30 PM)In His Love Wrote: I can't help you with the Little Office, but you could ask a priest if you can pray the Rosary instead. That's what I did. You need a priest's permission first.

Ok, thanks. I texted my priest.
If you want to try the Little Office, the traditional LOBVM is  here. Go to the bottom of the page and click on 'Parvum B.M.V.' This site was originally built by a member of Fisheaters, now gone to his reward. Please say a prayer for the soul of Laszlo Kiss.
Saying the Little Office is not required for the basic Scapular promise, i.e. avoiding eternal fire. It is required for the Sabbatine Privilege, (along with observing chastity according to one's state in life) which means that on the first Saturday after your death, the Blessed Virgin Mary will descend to Purgatory and bring your soul to Heaven.

Ask your priest if he can commute the recitation of the Daily Office to the recitation of the Rosary.
(06-25-2017, 11:54 PM)MichaelNZ Wrote: Saying the Little Office is not required for the basic Scapular promise, i.e. avoiding eternal fire. It is required for the Sabbatine Privilege, (along with observing chastity according to one's state in life) which means that on the first Saturday after your death, the Blessed Virgin Mary will descend to Purgatory and bring your soul to Heaven.

Ask your priest if he can commute the recitation of the Daily Office to the recitation of the Rosary.

So, do I lose the Sabbatine Privilege if my priest gives me permission to pray the Rosary in place of the Little Office? (Which he did)
(06-26-2017, 12:41 AM)LaudeturIesus Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 11:54 PM)MichaelNZ Wrote: Saying the Little Office is not required for the basic Scapular promise, i.e. avoiding eternal fire. It is required for the Sabbatine Privilege, (along with observing chastity according to one's state in life) which means that on the first Saturday after your death, the Blessed Virgin Mary will descend to Purgatory and bring your soul to Heaven.

So, do I lose the Sabbatine Privilege if my priest gives me permission to pray the Rosary in place of the Little Office? (Which he did)
No. The Rosary permission is a substitute for the Little Office and doesn't make you lose the Sabbatine Privilege.
(06-26-2017, 12:41 AM)LaudeturIesus Wrote:

No. You just need to say the Rosary every day to keep it.