How to make a good Confession
Well, maybe I can give advice since I went to Confession for the first time ever this year. I assume you've told the priest that you have not received the Sacrament of Penance in 41 years?

You'll be making a General Confession, I assume. I would reccommend that you read the
Confession page on Fish Eaters if you haven't done so already. It has a pretty comprehensive Examination of Conscience on there.

Make an examination of conscience covering all the sins you have committed in your life. You should make a list in order of gravity (confess all known mortal sins before you even touch venial sins). Try to list your sins along with their number; if you can't remember the number or you committed a particular sin too many times to count, then tell the priest that.

Don't beat yourself up too much. Don't try to rack your brain to remember every little sin. Remember that if you honestly forget to confess something, it's forgiven (on the condition that if you remember it later you confess it the next time you go to confession).

I hope I'm of some help.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How to make a good Confession - by LaudeturIesus - 06-25-2017, 08:41 PM
Re: How to make a good Confession - by Miriam_M - 06-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Re: How to make a good Confession - by Miriam_M - 06-26-2017, 12:44 AM
Re: How to make a good Confession - by Miriam_M - 06-26-2017, 03:20 PM