Catholic Bucket List
I don't have very many places in mind yet as a neophyte, but what cathedrals, basilicas, shrines, pilgrimages, etc would be on your Catholic bucket list?

As of this post I have never been to any cathedral, so here would be my Catholic bucket list:
- Visit and attend Mass in my diocesan cathedral
- Visit the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Visit Rome and the Vatican
- Visit the Holy Land

That's about it.
Corpus Christi, salva me.

Check out my new blog: A Young Popish American
- Visit St. George's Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral in Saskatoon (this'll be virtually crossed off soon because my family is going on vacation in Saskatoon soon)
- Visit at least one church in Maryland, most especially the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Baltimore (my boyfriend has an aunt in Maryland and has mentioned the possibility of us going there sometime)

Less realistic:
- Visit Lourdes
- Visit Rome
(06-27-2017, 07:38 PM)In His Love Wrote: - Visit St. George's Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral in Saskatoon (this'll be virtually crossed off soon because my family is going on vacation in Saskatoon soon)
- Visit at least one church in Maryland, most especially the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Baltimore (my boyfriend has an aunt in Maryland and has mentioned the possibility of us going there sometime)

Less realistic:
- Visit Lourdes
- Visit Rome

I'd recommend St. Mary's in Annapolis.  The town itself is beautiful, and this parish would make a great church for a TLM.  They still have a high altar, side altars and massive gothic arches inside.

https://www.stmarysannapolis.org/page
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • In His Love
That's a very pretty church! Thank you for the suggestion, Melkite. I really appreciate it! :)
Why not visit Lourdes and Fatima?
;) ;) ;)
Having visited the Holy Land many times, I recommend these places:
- Capernaum
- Mount Tabor
- Jerusalem 
- Nazareth

In Europe, I actually recommend the medieval cathedrals, abbeys and churches in the Dordogne in France:
- Albi cathedral
- Abbey of Fontenay 
- Abbey of Cluny 

And in Burgundy,
- Hotel Dieu in Beaune
- Vezelay abbey basilica
- Lourdes
- Fatima
- Jerusalem
- re-visit the Vatican (haven't been there since I was a kid)
- Holy Land monastery in DC
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
One item on my Catholic bucket list is to attend a High Mass in the Sarum Rite.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

St Michael, pray for us.