BREAKING: Pope removes conservative Vatican doctrine chief
LifeSite has confirmed with a source in Rome that Cardinal Gerhard Muller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith, is to be removed from his office on July 2, the end of his five-year mandate in the position.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaki...rine-chief

I have to admit I was disappointed with Cardinal Muller for trying to stand on both sides of the issue.
One more conservative gone.

He's the Pope...he has universal jurisdiction...I just wish he'd stop stacking the deck and put solidly Catholic leaders in positions of influence.
This removal would be disastrous. Müller is no traditionalist, absolutely not. He is simply a neoconservative, Novo-Ordo, post Vatican II theologian but even that seems to be not acceptable in the "franciscan" church any longer. Even a glimpse of orthodoxy is enough to be removed today.
(06-30-2017, 05:37 PM)Guingamp Wrote: This removal would be disastrous. Müller is no traditionalist, absolutely not. He is simply a neoconservative, Novo-Ordo, post Vatican II theologian but even that seems to be not acceptable in the "franciscan" church any longer. Even a glimpse of orthodoxy is enough to be removed today.

Cardinal Muller should have taken a stand for Orthodox Catholic teaching by supporting
Cardinals Burke, Caffarra, Meisner, and Brandmuller, but instead he openly criticized the Dubia.

Kind of obvious what's happening. When terms are up or Bishops reach retirement age, they'll be replaced by left wing liberals only.
The church of vagueness and friendly people. It's an inspiration - so much to be admired. Not.
Unfortunately I don't have any "fun facts" about me unless being a practicing Catholic counts.

Trying to get better every day week.
This is frustrating. I wonder how the papolatrists over at Catholic Answers and the like will spin this one. A good result of this is that more and more faithful Catholics are paying attention and are starting to let the ultramontanist scales fall from their eyes. Someday, I expect Francis' treachery will be denounced, and that he will be commonly known for what he is.  Right now though, many Catholics are still giddily surviving on the fumes of John Paul II's personality cult. When that finally is forgotten, maybe a future pope- who perhaps won't even have been around to experience the JP2 frenzy, will look at things objectively and, seeing what Francis has done, formally denounce him.
(06-30-2017, 05:37 PM)Guingamp Wrote: This removal would be disastrous. Müller is no traditionalist, absolutely not. He is simply a neoconservative, Novo-Ordo, post Vatican II theologian but even that seems to be not acceptable in the "franciscan" church any longer. Even a glimpse of orthodoxy is enough to be removed today.

If you look at his book "Catholic Dogmatics" you might even conclude that he is a modernist in disguise.

Just as an example, he wrote about angels (pp. 120-122):
Quote:-Existence and effectiveness of Angels are not explicit object of faith the teaching about existence and significance are only a topic of secondary significance.

-Angels symbolize in their real existence created cosmic part structures of an personal kind

So, according to Müller, the devil (which is an angel) "symbolizes" a cosmic structure and believe in his existence is optional. And this is the kind of theologian who nowadays is deemed too traditionalist for the CDF.

Who do you think will be his successor?
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite
Seriously...is anyone here shocked?
(07-01-2017, 08:35 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Seriously...is anyone here shocked?

Not shocked, just not looking forward to what comes next unless it's a conclave.
(07-01-2017, 07:18 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 08:35 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Seriously...is anyone here shocked?

Not shocked, just not looking forward to what comes next unless it's a conclave.

Well I certainly wouldn't have high hopes in the next conclave, cause you will probably be very disappointed.