Exorcist Warns Witches that Casting Spells Will Come Back to Haunt Them
(04-08-2020, 02:25 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Edit: To the point about grey aliens being vessels: I had a similar suspicion about the race to build human-like robots as a means to allow the physical presence of the demonic outside of the possession of men.

Well, this certainly adds something new to the mix.  I have been deeply skeptical of AI research as the researchers mostly seem to be attempting something that is impossible, since they can't possibly create a rational soul for the AI program.  But, from what I've been able to gather, the demons use Ouija boards to communicate.  Might they eventually use some very sophisticated AI programs to do that, too?  An interesting prospect, and a concerning one at that.
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Augustinian, Zedta
(04-09-2020, 12:28 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: Might the demons also be the cause of most of these near death experiences?  They use things like aliens to trick some into atheism and near death experiences to trick others into religious indifferentism and pantheism?

Fascinating. I hadn't considered that possibility. Indeed, if it is a 'near death' experience and one finds themselves on that preternatural plane, who/what could be there to tempt us, a final attempt to fool us into hell?

After all, in the St, Michael Chaplet I say every night, is the concluding prayer:
St. Michael Chaplet Wrote:Almighty and everlasting God, who by a prodigy of Goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men, has appointed the most glorious Archangel St. Michael, Prince of Thy Church, make us worthy, we beseech Thee, to be delivered by his  powerful protection from all our enemies, that none of them may harass us at the hour of our death, but that we may be conducted by him into the august presence of Thy Divine Majesty. This we beg through the merits of Jesus Christ our Lord.   Amen.

Those who die without a clear protection of true Christian, Catholic, Faith may be so tempted at the time of death, or, perhaps, given false information, to take back and mislead others.

Interesting concept indeed!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
(04-09-2020, 12:39 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 02:25 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Edit: To the point about grey aliens being vessels: I had a similar suspicion about the race to build human-like robots as a means to allow the physical presence of the demonic outside of the possession of men.

Well, this certainly adds something new to the mix.  I have been deeply skeptical of AI research as the researchers mostly seem to be attempting something that is impossible, since they can't possibly create a rational soul for the AI program.  But, from what I've been able to gather, the demons use Ouija boards to communicate.  Might they eventually use some very sophisticated AI programs to do that, too?  An interesting prospect, and a concerning one at that.

Well, going back to my demonology studies: There are many instances where objects and places have been occupied by evil spirit(s). One exorcist I read, alluded to the possibility that soulless (as in human souls) beings, animals and such, are easily possessed by evil spirits. Machinery is easily manipulated by them as well, so AI is certainly a candidate for evil spirit influence or even control.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Augustinian
(04-09-2020, 12:39 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:

When I used to be on Twitter, and I was learning about Angel's, I pointed out that it would be completely possible for there to be "possessed" accounts on social media platforms that do not have human users. Honestly, it would be no different than possessing an object, as Zedta pointed out.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"But thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ, who has transported us out of darkness into his marvelous light when through these lights exteriorly given we are disposed to reenter the mirror of our mind in which divine realities shine forth."
-St. Bonaventure, Itinerarium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Zedta
(04-09-2020, 12:59 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 12:28 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: Might the demons also be the cause of most of these near death experiences?  They use things like aliens to trick some into atheism and near death experiences to trick others into religious indifferentism and pantheism?

Fascinating. I hadn't considered that possibility. Indeed, if it is a 'near death' experience and one finds themselves on that preternatural plain, who/what could be there to tempt us, a final attempt to fool us into hell?

After all, in the St, Michael Chaplet I say every night, is the concluding prayer:
St. Michael Chaplet Wrote:Almighty and everlasting God, who by a prodigy of Goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men, has appointed the most glorious Archangel St. Michael, Prince of Thy Church, make us worthy, we beseech Thee, to be delivered by his  powerful protection from all our enemies, that none of them may harass us at the hour of our death, but that we may be conducted by him into the august presence of Thy Divine Majesty. This we beg through the merits of Jesus Christ our Lord.   Amen.

Those who die without a clear protection of true Christian, Catholic, Faith may be so tempted at the time of death, or, perhaps, given false information, to take back and mislead others.

Interesting concept indeed!
Hieromonk Seraphim Rose's book "The Soul After Death" does suggest strongly that many NDE experiences are demonic in origin, and in his " Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future" he makes the case that the "alien" phenomenon is probably entirely demonic.  

It's been awhile but I once read that in a large number of supposed abduction cases prayer and the name of Jesus stopped them in their tracks, which lends some credibility to their demonic origin. 

I used to be deep into demonology and thinking about all that stuff but found it unhealthy.  Even as an Orthodox I reject the ridiculous "Tollhouse" theory because it seems to give demons too much power and put way too much on human actions to make it to heaven.  Demons ultimately have no real power, God is in charge.  Once we reflect deeply on Christology it's hard to ever fear demons more then we trust in Jesus.  That's just my two cents.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian, Zedta
(04-09-2020, 01:54 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Hieromonk Seraphim Rose's book "The Soul After Death" does suggest strongly that many NDE experiences are demonic in origin, and in his " Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future" he makes the case that the "alien" phenomenon is probably entirely demonic.  

It's been awhile but I once read that in a large number of supposed abduction cases prayer and the name of Jesus stopped them in their tracks, which lends some credibility to their demonic origin. 

I've read "Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future" and have "The Soul After Death" on my bookshelf waiting for me to read it. I might have to crack it open today if he does indeed go into NDEs.

As for the Tollhouse idea...why not just accept Purgatory then? I don't see how further complicating the immediate afterlife with some Dragon Ball-esque stuff seems a little silly.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"But thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ, who has transported us out of darkness into his marvelous light when through these lights exteriorly given we are disposed to reenter the mirror of our mind in which divine realities shine forth."
  • formerbuddhist
(04-09-2020, 02:18 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 01:54 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Hieromonk Seraphim Rose's book "The Soul After Death" does suggest strongly that many NDE experiences are demonic in origin, and in his " Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future" he makes the case that the "alien" phenomenon is probably entirely demonic.  

I've read "Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future" and have "The Soul After Death" on my bookshelf waiting for me to read it. I might have to crack it open today if he does indeed go into NDEs.

As for the Tollhouse idea...why not just accept Purgatory then? I don't see how further complicating the immediate afterlife with some Dragon Ball-esque stuff seems a little silly.
It (Soul After Death)  goes deeply into the NDE phenomenon.  I'm emphatically not a fan of the tollhouse stuff, as it is indeed silly. I never took much umbrage with purgatory but it's still more then I think we really know about what happens after death.  I prefer to leave it vague.

I know that prayers for the dead are helpful and part of the tradition but don't know how and don't think about it much. I just know that in some mysterious way they help, and while working in a hospital setting I've known many many people who've died who I pray for. 

I guess I prefer to keep that phase of existence between here and paradise as a mystery.  If I recall the 1992 Catholic Catechism also keeps it sort of mysterious.

Man, now I'm going to have to crack open Soul After Death again now...
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian, Zedta
(04-09-2020, 02:52 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Man, now I'm going to have to crack open Soul After Death again now...

I ordered the book today!
Art Bell

J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Augustinian, formerbuddhist
(04-09-2020, 05:16 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 02:52 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Man, now I'm going to have to crack open Soul After Death again now...

I ordered the book today!
Keep in mind it's by a Russian Orthodox monk, so it's going to say some things in criticism of and contrary to Roman Catholicism.

That said, I'm a bit of a fanboy of Fr. Rose regardless and recommend a lot of his work.

• Zedta
The Daily Beast reported on the trend for crystal-loving, spell-casting feminists to openly practice witchcraft in hopes of making their wishes come true. It seems, that this is the season of the witch
[-] The following 1 user Likes shamsmehra90's post:
  • Zedta