BREAKING: Pope Benedict XVI says Church is ‘on the verge of capsizing’
(07-21-2017, 09:11 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 11:31 AM)Roger Buck Wrote: I am agreed.

Honestly, it appears to be as close to a direct attack as one ever makes in "Vatican diplomatese" - or at least Benedict XVI had to know it would be read like that. I ask myself why is he doing this NOW, after all these years of almost complete silence?

The more I think about it, the more struck I am.

What do you suppose this means? Is there anything good to come out of this other than a possible dangerous schism?

Don't you think that a schism would be the better way to sort between the wheat and the chaff?

Honestly, it appears to be as close to a direct attack as one ever makes in "Vatican diplomatese" - or at least Benedict XVI had to know it would be read like that. I ask myself why is he doing this NOW, after all these years of almost complete silence?

What do you suppose this means? Is there anything good to come out of this other than a possible dangerous schism?

Don't you think that a schism would be the better way to sort between the wheat and the chaff?
[/quote]
Not if Francis is legitimately Pope. Do we really want to go back to the days of the Avignon Papacy?

Look how good that turned out, it brought forth Huss, Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, and Henry VIII. Luther and Henry VIII's nationalist religion never would have occurred had not the seeds of nationalism been sowed when there where three men claiming to be the Pope.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
(07-23-2017, 09:53 AM)austenbosten Wrote:

Not if Francis is legitimately Pope. Do we really want to go back to the days of the Avignon Papacy?  

Look how good that turned out, it brought forth Huss, Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, and Henry VIII.  Luther and Henry VIII's nationalist religion never would have occurred had not the seeds of nationalism been sowed when there where three men claiming to be the Pope.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Thanks: So I am pleased knowing that I am not alone questioning the legitimacy of the Pope Francis.

I love the thumbnail. :)
(07-15-2017, 09:52 PM)BC Wrote: But John Paul the Great told us:

“As the third millennium of the redemption draws near, God is preparing a great springtime for Christianity, and we can already see its first signs.” (Redemptoris Missio, 1990)

The Holy Spirit was bringing “a new springtime in the Church.” (  John Paul II,1998 remarks to pilgrims gathered in Rome for Pentecost)

John Paul II "the Great" was quite wrong on this, and many other matters as well.
(07-29-2017, 02:32 PM)Mark Williams Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 09:52 PM)BC Wrote: But John Paul the Great told us:

“As the third millennium of the redemption draws near, God is preparing a great springtime for Christianity, and we can already see its first signs.” (Redemptoris Missio, 1990)

The Holy Spirit was bringing “a new springtime in the Church.” (  John Paul II,1998 remarks to pilgrims gathered in Rome for Pentecost)

John Paul II "the Great" was quite wrong on this, and many other matters as well.

You probably already know, but I was being facetious.