Pope Francis questioned orthodoxy of Amoris Laetitia (LifeSiteNews)
"ROME, Italy, July 18, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – Pope Francis sought reassurance after the release of his own document that his teaching was in line with that of the Church, asking one of his close advisers whether the controversial Amoris Laetitia was orthodox.

The pope then expressed “comfort” upon being told that the document was such.

When Austrian Cardinal Christophe Schönborn met with the Pope Francis shortly after Amoris Laetitia was presented in April 2016, the pontiff thanked the cardinal, whom he’d assigned the job of presenting it to the media.

Then, according to Cardinal Schönborn, Pope Francis asked him whether Amoris Laetitia was orthodox.

“I said, ‘Holy Father, it is fully orthodox,’” the cardinal stated.

A few days later, Cardinal Schönborn said, he received a note from Pope Francis saying, “Thank you for that word. That gave me comfort.”

The pope has declared Cardinal Schönborn the document’s “authoritative interpreter.”

Cardinal Schönborn was also co-editor along with the future Pope Benedict XVI of the historic 1992 Catechism of the Catholic Church commissioned by Pope St. John Paul II."

More here:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-f...s-laetitia
This is strangely "comforting".
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(07-24-2017, 03:45 AM)Dominicus Wrote: This is strangely "comforting".
I'm glad you put 'comforting' in inverted commas! I find it frightening that when the Pope decides to try to change doctrine, he asks the chief proponent of the specific heresy he's trying to introduce if its orthodox!, and then declares that heretic 'authoritative interpreter' of the document which introduces the heresy.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Yes it is frightening. I suppose I mean to say that its just a little less scary that at least there's a chance that pope Francis doubts its orthodoxy, even if its only slight. Not exactly a beacon of hope but it helps to know that the papacy isn't completely doomed. I put "comforting" in quotations in joking reference to pope Francis expressing "comfort".
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(07-24-2017, 07:09 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Yes it is frightening. I suppose I mean to say that its just a little less scary that at least there's a chance that pope Francis doubts its orthodoxy, even if its only slight. Not exactly a beacon of hope but it helps to know that the papacy isn't completely doomed. I put "comforting" in quotations in joking reference to pope Francis expressing "comfort".

I think you misunderstand me. What I find frightening is that it is obvious to me that Francis knew the Encyclical was heretical, and rather than asking, oh, say, one of the four Cardinals of the Dubia, for his opinion, he went to a Cardinal who had been pushing for years to introduce that specific heresy, and whom he knew would assure him of its 'orthodoxy'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(07-25-2017, 12:21 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 07:09 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Yes it is frightening. I suppose I mean to say that its just a little less scary that at least there's a chance that pope Francis doubts its orthodoxy, even if its only slight. Not exactly a beacon of hope but it helps to know that the papacy isn't completely doomed. I put "comforting" in quotations in joking reference to pope Francis expressing "comfort".

I think you misunderstand me. What I find frightening is that it is obvious to me that Francis knew the Encyclical was heretical, and rather than asking, oh, say, one of the four Cardinals of the Dubia, for his opinion, he went to a Cardinal who had been pushing for years to introduce that specific heresy, and whom he knew would assure him of its 'orthodoxy'.

This.
(07-25-2017, 08:26 AM)BC Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 12:21 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

This.

We know through Cardinal Müller that the CDF proposed a list of about 200 minor or major amendments once the draft of AL was made available.
Francis rejected them all.
Who in the Pope's opinion is the best one for testing the orthodoxy of a pontifical text? The CDF (who is the warrant of  catholic orthodoxy since centuries), Card. Schönborn archbp of Vienna, "Tucho" the ghostwriter of the Pope, or even possibly the chief of the Pontifical Swiss Guards ?
The 200 amendments the CDF deemed useful being introduced before publishing AL are the best proof that AL is in no way orthodox.
Then I would suggest Pope Francis to suppress the CDF wich has become utterly useless under this papacy.