Was it judgmental to say that?
God did not create death. This is undisputed. So, why should he have created the "second death" (=hell)?

God did not create concentration camps. He created the people who built them and the stones they built them with. But we can't blame him for the actual camps.

There is no definite teaching on who created hell.
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite
I'm with JosefSilouan here I think. I don't think it makes much sense to talk about the next life as 'places' that could theoretically be found. Heaven and Hell could be more accurately though of as modes of existence, the states of our soul having either accepted or rejected God.
(07-27-2017, 03:33 PM)maso Wrote: I think that if God didn't create Hell, he authorized Satan to build it with the aim to hold captive souls inside forever. Only a few souls agree to go there freely. But God intends to send there even unwilling souls who didn't repent of their sins before their death.
Therefore He allowed Satan to build Hell purposely.

The following two statements have identical meanings:
1."To refuse to repent mortal sin until the moment of death"
 2."To choose freely to go to hell"

That's what tradition teaches us. Both statements have been uttered by hundreds of saints.If someone thinks they have different meanings, it must be because of a faulty definition of terms ('free will', 'death', 'mortal sin', 'charity',etc.).

It is dogma that mortal sin cannot coexist with charity.

Therefore, one possible solution to reconcile the statements is this: If you oppose charity until your last breath, you refuse God until your last breath and God might accept your will and allow that your continous act of refusing Him becomes your second nature. The place you end up in this state is called hell.
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite
(07-27-2017, 05:59 AM)JosefSilouan Wrote: You basically accused this girl of having comitted a mortal sin (sacrilegous reception of communion) without having any real basis for it. She did not say that God is mercyless and cruel, she only said that the doctrine you presented to her would imply that God was mercyless, which she doesn't believe. Even if he was wrong in her views about Catholic doctrine, this is not enough to claim that she was disrespectful when receiving the Host - which is a very grave charge. But it is a good sign that you recognized that you went too far. God appreciates repentance more than righteousness ;-)

Btw., it is legitimate to doubt that God created hell...many Fathers doubted that. I heard the same statement by contemporaneous traditionalists like Fr. Rippberger and Fr. Amorth. According to them, the devil and his demons created hell.

Personal accusations usually never lead to conversions, neither of heart nor of mind. The best way to convince people is to confront them with facts or ask them Socratic questions which make them doubt their false presuppositions.

I mentioned this in confession, but believed it was venial, if a sin at all. I received Communion, before going to confession, and when confessing this sin, I didn't go into detail like I did here. On top of all that, the priest (a substitute to the usual parish priest) did not ask me to say the act of contrition, although I assume that, that is okay since I remember Mother Angelica being asked that question and saying that it is okay. I did say the act of contrition before doing my penance, just in case. Is everything okay here?

On another note, I really want to emphasize to modernists and liberals, that they aren't theo-centric in their approach to God and thus, (in their actions, not their souls) aren't really loving God. How do I do that, without doing something like this?
[Image: Blessed_Virgin_Mary_Holding_Jesus_with_S...abriel.jpg]
Glory to God
and
Hail Mary!
" I mentioned this in confession, but believed it was venial, if a sin at all. I received Communion, before going to confession, and when confessing this sin, I didn't go into detail like I did here. On top of all that, the priest (a substitute to the usual parish priest) did not ask me to say the act of contrition, although I assume that, that is okay since I remember Mother Angelica being asked that question and saying that it is okay. I did say the act of contrition before doing my penance, just in case. Is everything okay here?"

Everything's fine. Just be careful that you don't get scrupulous.
"Most of the people who are in Hell are those who did not believe in its existence." - St. Alphonsus Ligouri