Let's do lunch!
Today was leftover homemade pizza. Nom, nom.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
For years I've been on a quest to find the best bar Reuben sandwich. Today, I had a definite contender. I stopped in the pub downtown, which has a daily lunch special. It seems the days it normally sounds good are always Wednesdays and Fridays when I abstain, but today was a Tuesday. It was delicious, on marble rye. Not drowned in dressing with generous slices of corned beef. If you're ever in Wilber, Nebraska at lunchtime, check out Fritz's Bar and Grill. Oh, and give me a call! I'll join you for a beer! Big Grin
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Today's lunch was supplied by the company I work for...Jimmy John's subs, BBQ flavored potato chips and, for dessert, an oatmeal raisin cookie.  Super delicious!
The Least of These

Pray

1 PETER 2:21:
For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps.
Today's lunch was grilled andouille sausage with sliced and garlic sautéed puffball.

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

(09-12-2017, 05:04 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Today's lunch was grilled andouille sausage with sliced and garlic sautéed puffball.
I'm jealous! Mine was four sandwich cookies, two vanilla and two mint. Yeah, I really eat healthy whilst the wife is at work!

St Bernard of Clairvaux

(09-12-2017, 05:13 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 05:04 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Today's lunch was grilled andouille sausage with sliced and garlic sautéed puffball.
I'm jealous! Mine was four sandwich cookies, two vanilla and two mint. Yeah, I really eat healthy whilst the wife is at work!

I found the puffball on a walk, so my wife refused to try it, out of fear of poisoning. More for me! Big Grin

(09-12-2017, 05:19 PM)Jeeter Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 05:13 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

I found the puffball on a walk, so my wife refused to try it, out of fear of poisoning. More for me! Big Grin

Yeah, I know what you mean. Years ago my Mum (R+I+P) found a bunch of morels which were scarce as hen's teeth in her area. She invited a bunch of relatives to dinner to share in her good fortune. They reacted like your wife. Just more for me!

St Bernard of Clairvaux

Morels are the best!

In my wife's defense, it probably didn't calm her when she asked how the mushroom was, and I stared at her, drooled, and said, "Goo goo, ca-choo!" Big Grin

[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
Everybody's gettin' ham sammies with cheese here today. Lettuce, tomato, mayo, toasted white bread.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Today for lunch, I ate at the potluck in honour of the External Solemnity of our Parish's Patron, St Wenceslaus. I had duck, kraut, and dumplings, with a Wilber Wiener (made right here in town!), creamed corn, a chicken/pasta casserole, and a deviled egg. Don't tell my cardiologist! LOL!

St Bernard of Clairvaux